forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → GBPUSD M15 Strategy problem ActivTrade Vs FXCM - overoptimization?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: GBPUSD M15 Strategy problem ActivTrade Vs FXCM - overoptimization?

Hi Miroslav,

I've been watching your video series on Youtube and how to create EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY strategies.
In Part 11 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ms2bbkVQU), you show the creation of a GBPUSD M15 strategy based on Keltner Channels, Bears Power, and NoNo indicator (the strategy adds and close).
I've created it, and on my GBPUSD M15 FXCM data, it reaches margin call right away. See attached screen cap.
It has nothing in common with the nice equity curve you have in your video.

I was wondering what I'm doing wrong (all parameters are exactly the same), or is it an example of overoptimized strategy (curve fitting) --> when using FXCM data (whereas you used ActivTrades data), the result falls apart.

Thanks, your answer will help me understand better and learn from your experience. Also, it will help me understand how not to make an overoptimized strategy and just wipe out my account...

Laurent

Post's attachments

GBPUSD M15 Second - Miroslav Strategy.JPG 251.31 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-05-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: GBPUSD M15 Strategy problem ActivTrade Vs FXCM - overoptimization?

Do you have the same spread ?  and do I see a commission amount on your charges?

I think you can use the Multi Markets feature to test for over optimization, I would not be too concerned about that at this point.

There are a lot of features to the program that will help you.

Monte Carlo will assist also.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: GBPUSD M15 Strategy problem ActivTrade Vs FXCM - overoptimization?

What about timezone? Anyhow in some sense it is bad practice to develop on one set of data and trade on another, FSB's strategies tend to be quite specific in regard to data and may lack the universality even between timeframes and pairs.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → GBPUSD M15 Strategy problem ActivTrade Vs FXCM - overoptimization?