forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Keltner Channel Crossover EA shows no activity in MT4 tester

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Keltner Channel Crossover EA shows no activity in MT4 tester

Hi!

I prepared a simple Keltner Channel Crossover strategy, exported it into MetaTrader 4 and ran an MT4 strategy tester.
In FSB this strategy shows some activity, but in MT4 tester - there is no any trade.
I've already tried to re-load FSB's repository index and KCC indicator, but without success.

Any idea?

Post's attachments

KeltnerChannelCrossoverTest.xml 11.33 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-05-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Keltner Channel Crossover EA shows no activity in MT4 tester

Does it demo trade in forward test? Crapergy tester can throw all kinds of shenanigans in my experience... If there are absent trades in forward trading, then there's something wrong.

Yes, strategy with KCC works on demo via MT4 bridge.
And exported "Demo Bollinger ADX" strategy (from FSB package) works OK in MT4 tester, but my custom strategy with KCC - not.

No-no, I meant does it work on demo trading via the EA, which is suspicious. FSB trader uses C# indicators, it has nothing to do with mqh translations or EAs apart from the bridge.

In different wording, first we must understand whether EA is working or not. Crapergy tester tests crap, therefore demo trading is the better way to handle this. If demo fails, then we should look further.

OK, understand.
I'll configure demo account trading and will let you know results via several days.

vlad123,

The problem was a wrong logic rule text in the MQL code of "Keltner Channel Crossover".

I updated the indicator and you can download it from FSB Pro. Refresh the indicator index of Indicator repository page first.

Great,
thank you mr. Popov!
I appreciate your fast feedback - the problem is fixed.

9 (edited by vlad123 2015-05-15 09:53:25)

Hi!

Once again regarding KCC-based strategy...
I ran it for a week+ using FSB auto-trading via MT4 Bridge on MT4 Alpari Demo account, and unfortunately results looks completely different in comparison with results in FSB Builder (in Journal).
I'm attaching mentioned strategy once again.
And see detailed statement from MT4 in the following post.

Could you please take a look?

Post's attachments

KeltnerChannelCrossoverTest.xml 12.48 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-05-15 

Here is detailed statement for the previous post.

Post's attachments

DetailedStatement.zip 9.46 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-05-15 

Can you specify what looks different? Live trades don't match in backtest? FSB trader trades don't match EA trades?

FSB executed/performed 58 trades working in auto-trade mode, with total loss of -4920.55.
For the same period (starting from 2015-05-06) it shows 2022 trades in backtest with total profit of 140188.37.
Just compare detailed statement from the previous post and attached Journal expoerted from FSB Builder.

Post's attachments

KeltnerChannelCrossoverTest - Journal.xlsx 415.13 kb, 4 downloads since 2015-05-15 

This indicator is designed wrongly. It uses the bar rang before the bars was closed.

The original Keltner Channel have Base price = Close and always uses "Use previous bar value" switched on.

The modified Keltner Channel allows setting Base price = "Open" which makes the program to switch off the "Use previous bar value" option but in the same time the indicator uses the same bar High and Low.

You can contact the author to correct his indicator or to use it with Base price = Close.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Keltner Channel Crossover EA shows no activity in MT4 tester