Topic: User enforce strategies

While evaluating this software

I have a few question i am finding just creating simple strategies not easy and not quite straightforward i find the generator quite tricky when it comes up with results which in my opinion can not be relied upon, so would like to input my own trading conditions and perhaps let the generator use 2 -5 indicator to propose some strategies by using already the enforced strategy below :

How do you set up  a simple strategy with forexsb such :

Buy signal: RSI  falls lower than a certain level (30) and then rises above it.
Sell Signal: RSI rises higher than a certain level (70) and then falls below it.

Also if i only wanted to use pending order such as buy stop or sell stop , for example buy stop 20 pips from current price or sell stop 20 pips from current price, how would this be able to be implemented?

Buy stop signal: RSI  falls lower than a certain level (30) and then rises above it.
Sell stop Signal: RSI rises higher than a certain level (70) and then falls below it.

Now if i wanted to implement  just a sell strategy with 2 indicators conditions :
Sell Signal: RSI rises higher than a certain level (70) and then falls below it.
Sell signal: Williams % rises above -20 level and then falls below it.

These 2 conditions must be met before a sell order is initiated. What is the process?

Re: User enforce strategies

muplayer2000 wrote:

How do you set up a simple strategy with forexsb such :

Set RSI indicator with logic rule: RSI crosses the Level line upward. Set Level = 30.
This indicator will exactly as you want.

Post's attachments

rsi_crosses_30_upward.png
rsi_crosses_30_upward.png 9.89 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Also if i only wanted to use pending order such as buy stop or sell stop , for example buy stop 20 pips from current price or sell stop 20 pips from current price, how would this be able to be implemented?

You have to define what mean a "current" price. Here are two variants:

To enter long 20 pips above Open and short 20 pips below Open, use Price Move indicator. Set the "movement" in points.

If you want to use Moving Average as a reference point, use "Steady Bands" indicator. It plots two bands, below and above a Moving Average. Set the margin in points.

Post's attachments

price_move.png
price_move.png 9.89 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Now if i wanted to implement  just a sell strategy with 2 indicators conditions

Add "Long or Short" indicator to determine your direction.
Add your other indicators.

Thank you for the replies , in your videos you tend to detail clearly every step is it possible to do the same in regard to my question

I partially get your answer but it would be nice to have a detailed steps with pictures or video how to do so in the example i mentioned.

Such as what to input clearly in the 4 logic rules in regards to building the enforced strategy condition i discussed :

For example : 1

Opening point of logic ?
Opening logic condition ?

Closing point of the condition ?
Closing logic condition  ?

Then example 2:  using buy stop and sell stop
Buy stop signal: RSI  falls lower than a certain level (30) and then rises above it.
Sell stop Signal: RSI rises higher than a certain level (70) and then falls below it.

Opening point of logic ?

Example 3 :
Sell condition 2 rules must be met before a sell order : RSI rises higher than a certain level (70) and then falls below it And Williams % rises above -20 level and then falls below it.

Opening point of logic ?

I require detail how to input these steps in the logics rule  in Forexsb:

This will give me a clearer picture of the functionality of the software and enabling me further evaluation

6 (edited by muplayer2000 2015-04-28 23:29:32)

Is it possible to have the information i inquired?

You have forgotten time! When do these conditions need to happen bar wise?

Don't know where to ask this.  But with legacy FSTexpert attached to a MT4 chart, I have recently been getting intermittent connect-disconnect signals and for each flicker I am getting an "expert" message ----    Cannot open file "C:\Users\JAMES\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\BB190E062770E27C379391ABOD1A117\MQL4\indicators\Waddah_AttarExplosion.ex4'[2] --------
There is almost exactly that same 'category' at the end of the MT4-FST Expert 'Dependencies' list tab.   Has my Expert 'Bridge' somehow become contaminated? If so how do I fix it????????

If so how do I fix it????????

Delete it and install FSB Pro. It has free trading via bridge. You can also exporrt EAs.

At close of last bar

footon wrote:

You have forgotten time! When do these conditions need to happen bar wise?

Ok thank you.

Popov wrote:
muplayer2000 wrote:

How do you set up a simple strategy with forexsb such :

Set RSI indicator with logic rule: RSI crosses the Level line upward. Set Level = 30.
This indicator will exactly as you want.

muplayer2000 wrote:

At close of last bar

At the last bar close it has to be lower than the level and then rise above it at the same time? Never gonna happen... In one and only point in time it can be one or another, not both simultaneously. This is pure speculation on my part, but I think you want it to be lower at previous bar, and then to be above it at current bar, essentially a cross upward. As I can see you were already given the advice to you use logic "crosses the Level line upward" by Miroslav in post 2, I can only reassure this advice, use "crosses the Level line upward" logic!

The RSI cannot cross above line  30 if it was not below it. The quoted logic rule is completely enough.