1 (edited by thorxahest 2015-04-08 16:14:01)

Topic: Difference FSB =/= Mt4

Hi Guys I have some problem with my strategy.

Trades in the FSB, are different than Mt4, i have updated the history today and in the FSB, there should be only buy trades, since 3.04, but on the MT4 strategy opened 2 times short trades after 3.04. I don't have any ambiguous bars in the strategy, no errors.
Maybe you have any idea ?
Here are screens:

http://wrzucaj.net/8Kg
http://wrzucaj.net/8Kh

There is problem also on USDJpy, in FSB on the history it should open couple transactions since start of april, but in MT4, opened just 1 position.

Re: Difference FSB =/= Mt4

Better idea is to attach a pic, people are not going to want to go to a web site.......

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Sorry, but theres only one picture in one post.

Post's attachments

zulu.jpg 95.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

and another..

Post's attachments

zulu_2.jpg 115.41 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You have to be sure you are using the exactly same data for trading and testing. All settings must be also completely equal.

If you your strategy has an open position on your backtest (with updated data) and you start the trading, the initial state will be different and the deals will be different.

You have to check for error messages in the MT4 log. You have to consider an eventual slippage and spread change.

Better run the expert on the MT4 backtester for a specific time period and see several entries and exits. Watch also the indicator values.

I recommend you to watch the videos in our YouTube channel. I'm covering many security topics there.

Thank you Mr Popov for answer.

I thought that the slippage should make the difference in couple pips maybe, or candles are looking a bit different on each platform.

But for me there shouldn't so much difference to open trades in another way.

I had updated data, and i have no errors in the strategy sad

So it's not the good way to test the strategy on FSB history data ? Is it better to use MT4 backtester ?

I will check the Youtube channel.

So it's not the good way to test the strategy on FSB history data ? Is it better to use MT4 backtester ?

Use MT backtester to confirm that the indicators and signals work well.

8 (edited by thorxahest 2015-04-21 10:49:09)

I was thinking about, maybe I use in the FSB tester some indicator, which is not in standard MT4 - so the strategy doesn't work properly the same as in FSB, for example Trix Index, or Cumulative Sum ?

Should i put them before to the MT4 Indicators folder, or it is not nesessary ?

Also I use MT4 platform, i see that many of indicators are from MT5.

An EA exported by FSB Pro contains all the necessary indicators in its code. You don't need any other indicators.

Great, thanks for explanations, it saves a lot of tests smile