Topic: Point of opening

Hi everyone
I have a strategy on DJI D1 whose opening point "bar opening", but when you have an opening at 00:00 of the candle I get the error message [market closed].
Checking the trading hours of my broker, I actually realized that while the bar opens at 00:00, the broker to open negotiations to 01: 00, does anyone know if there is a way to resolve this situation and allow me to continue to use "bar opening" ??

Re: Point of opening

Hello Morningbull,

You can tray using Entry Hour indicator. It will open on Bar Opening when the Open time is equal to the time you specify.

Try with Entry Hour = 01:00

Opss.
It works only on H1 chart and lower.

It is in fact, so I could take some other solution?

There is an indicator that allows me to get an hour after opening?

Indicators that determine time use the bar open time. They are useful when the market period is less then an hour.

The problem is that the behavior you request is impossible to be backtested because the backtest cannot determine an entry point based on time inside a bar. Simple there is no such information in the bar data files.

The only way is a modification of the expert or some of the entry indicators.

I realized, as I could do to change the expert or the indicator?

Hi Mr. Popov
I tried to change the expert and some indicator as "Bar Opening", "Entry Hours" and "Price Move" but without results.
Would you do me a big favor if you gave me some advice on how to proceed.
Thanks in advance.

LTF didn't work out?

yes, it works, but in a different way.
the problem is that as a point of closure I use the trailing stop, and working on a time frame lower, moves every hour instead of every day

also working on daily, I would need 10 years of historical data H1, which unfortunately I can not find