Topic: Error in FST Request OrderSend

Morningbull wrote:

Hi,
Sometimes I get an error when FST send an order:

FST Request: Open a new position.
2014.11.30 22:01:37,GBPUSD iargs[0]=1 iargs[1]=360 iargs[2]=0 iargs[3]=0 iargs[4]=0 dargs[0]=0.01000 dargs[1]=1.56386 dargs[2]=640.00000 dargs[3]=0.00000 dargs[4]=0.00000 TS0=640;BRE=0
2014.11.30 22:01:38,SendOrder OrderSend(GBPUSD, 1, Lots=0.01, Price=1.56386, Slippage=360, StopLoss=1.57146, TakeProfit=0.00000, "ID=20, Magic=20"), Response=-1, LastError=129
2014.11.30 22:01:38,OpenNewPosition SendOrder Response=-1
2014.11.30 22:01:38,AggregatePosition Square
2014.11.30 22:01:38,Error in FST Request OrderSend: Invalid price

Also the connection between FST and Metatrader works intermittently, but I don't know if this is related to the error.
FST is installed on a virtual server and my strategy works on daily and has a point of opening "Bar opening".
Thanks in advance for any replies.

The order FST have sent is correct. We cannot say why MT4 doesn't executed it.

Can you check the MT4 journal to see for additional info. What was the GBPUSD at 22:01:37. It is possible the Bid and Ask prices to be different at the moment of updating the chart on Sunday evening.
If you trade on Bar Opening on a daily chart, I think is better to skip the Sundays. Obviously it is not a normal trading day.

You have to fix the  intermittent connection between FST and MT4. This is a serious problem. It means that FST is not able to receive info from MT4 in a normal way.

See here for some ideas how to fix the trading: Trade Trouble Shooting

You can also test FSB Pro on your VPS. It is free for trading. See here how to switch it in Free mode: Free and Professional Mode

Re: Error in FST Request OrderSend

I tried FST directly on the PC and I have not the problem of intermittency, the problem is then caused by the vps.
But I can not have my computer on 24/24, what do you recommend me?

Morningbull wrote:

I tried FST directly on the PC and I have not the problem of intermittency, the problem is then caused by the vps.

You mast fix it before going real.

Try with one connection only.

The same thing happens

I wonder if you could have your strategy on a daily chart or a 4 hour chart so that you do not need the computer running 24/7.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

6 (edited by Morningbull 2014-12-05 14:48:27)

I tried FSB pro and the problem is solved, thanks

Morningbull wrote:

I tried FSB pro and the problem is solved, thanks

I think you will really like FSBPro, there are many tools to make things happen well.

There is a bit of a learning curve, you will have to try different things and gradually get the feel of the whole program, I am still learning and I have three instances running almost all the time.

Please feel free to ask whatever questions you have as there are many people who will be helped by your questions and the resulting answers.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

No one answered my question about flickering FST Expert attachments.  But I found a place where Popov suggested someone else reinstall the files manually.  I did and that solved my problems on both Oanda and FXCM MT4.  No more flicker.