1 (edited by Ialdabaoth 2013-12-20 09:11:17)

Topic: Ichimoku

Why is there no closing parameters for ichimoku, as well as there being no sell parameters for it in strategy builder, there are only parameters for longs. Is this an omission?

Re: Ichimoku

spend some time reading the documentation. you will see the link at the top of the page......

this program will trade shorts the same as long, it is designed to do so.

Spend time getting familiar with the program and its features, that will save you a ton of time and frustration

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

i was curious about this too, and a search for ichimoku in the manual did not help

could someone provide an answer or a more specific reference/link please

thanks

FSB develops a pattern for long trades........ and then uses same logic for short trades.

Please spend time studying the documentation so that you become familiar with the tools

yes i am aware that FSB reverses opening logic for shorts.

the issue is not short vs long. the OP's question was ambiguous. the issue is open vs closing parameters, and the lack of being able to close a trade when it hits the Kijun line, let's say, because there is no ichimoku closing logic.

if i am being dense, i apologize, please just beat it into me with a club.

please note that the program will open and close, both long and short according to the strategy generated.

Experience with the software and testing will demonstrate this to you

Blaiserboy,
I understand your frustration when people do not study the system and rely only on your help for answers.
However on this case the question is clear: how can we select a closing parameter using part of ichimoku? Tenkan cross... Or kijun cross price or else...
Any chance to see the whole list in the parameters?
I love FSB but as an ichimoku trader I stopped using it for this reason..lack of open and close options to create ichimoku strategies

Thanks

Automated systems are a bit different from manual discretionary systems..... hard to get everything to fit.

I wonder if you can use logical operators in the  closing logic, ie  one operator for each exit in the indicator.....

And then allow the generator to select whatever parameter fits....

What are your thoughts....?

The Ichimoku indicator is open source and can be found here: Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

You can modify it as per your needs.

Because Ichimoku is a system of moving averages, I am pretty sure that you can use moving average crossovers for each exit and entry.

You would have to set up each parameter as an ma cross and lock it and use logical operators and there you have it.

If you need further configuration, you could place a request in the Footon's Indicator thread and he may be able to do what is necessary.

Hi Popov,

Sorry wasn't aware of your answer, however the link is empty. (my apologies if this clears with time passing...)

Being able to build complete reliable strategies with Ichimoku is the only thing that keeps me from buying  the PRO version.

I loved FSB (even thought that is was the BEST KEPT secret!) a while ago but as a full time trader I was not keen to use it only because the reliability of data and as we couldn't use the full parameters of Ichimoku as opening or closing conditions.

thank you very much in advance if you can help, I know you are busy but I know this would be a definite + for Ichimoku traders

Popov wrote:

The Ichimoku indicator is open source and can be found here: Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

You can modify it as per your needs.

Thanks Mod Blaiserboy

I appreciate that, but you know... kumo placed 26 days ahead, Chikou same behind.... why recreate a whole system that I already have on my charting software.
I might be wrong but to me the real + of FSB are:
    - calculate strategies' profits with a huge amount of historical data
    - tweak just a bit your system to optimize strategies based of past data

if FSB allows us to do this, I guess every real trader used to manipulate systems will want it

thanks.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Because Ichimoku is a system of moving averages, I am pretty sure that you can use moving average crossovers for each exit and entry.

You would have to set up each parameter as an ma cross and lock it and use logical operators and there you have it.

If you need further configuration, you could place a request in the Footon's Indicator thread and he may be able to do what is necessary.

Bobnz2012 wrote:

Hi Popov,

Sorry wasn't aware of your answer, however the link is empty. (my apologies if this clears with time passing...)

Being able to build complete reliable strategies with Ichimoku is the only thing that keeps me from buying  the PRO version.

I loved FSB (even thought that is was the BEST KEPT secret!) a while ago but as a full time trader I was not keen to use it only because the reliability of data and as we couldn't use the full parameters of Ichimoku as opening or closing conditions.

thank you very much in advance if you can help, I know you are busy but I know this would be a definite + for Ichimoku traders

Bob, I get the drawback of Ichi in FSB, it's like an aftermarket addition, which doesn't work like the original ones, if you will tongue You know what, give me a list of closing conditions you want to see and I'll hammer it into the right shape (when I have a free slot in my schedule, I won't give any deadlines).

Hi Footon,

thank much appreciated I hope this can help others as well, I don't mind if thousands of traders get profitable...

May be, it is just because I don’t know how to use the system.

You see sometimes I need to set up a TP like this: entry + 3 x ATR (8) or TP when a candle crosses back Tenkan (Ichi) or even a partial close with one TP and a second condition with a % of opening position...

As per entry, I see MA crosses but I use MA crossing a triple average. Sometimes after a Kumo cross, I’d like to be able to enter only few bars and with a pip distance from Kumo. Also it seems important to indicate if a cross happens below, inside or above Kumo

SL: an EMA minus 2 ATR?

I really value your help, if you prefer a simple list of conditions, I can write this but I thought it was clearer if I explained a bit, hopefully this is already in FSB and I just don’t know how to find them.

I see that since I was using the previous version tons of work has been put inside. It will be wonderful if this fantastic tool can become 100% reliable and versatile.

Anyway, please let me know if this can be done

Hmm, I thought you wanted closing conditions for Ichi.

entry + 3 x ATR (8)

ATR Stop indi in FSB is the closest you can get.

candle crosses back Tenkan

Will include this.

I see MA crosses but I use MA crossing a triple average

Use 2 MA crossovers for 3 MA's (if understood correctly).

Kumo cross, I’d like to be able to enter only few bars and with a pip distance from Kumo

Candle cross Kumo? Will do. Signal delay/shift is available in Pro. Pip distance as vertical shift doable.

cross happens below, inside or above Kumo

Partly already there in FSB, inside and below are missing, will include.

EMA minus 2 ATR

Stand-alone indi project.

thank you so much for your prompt answer Footon

you're right I didn't include more Ichi conditions as I thought I might be able to work it out with what's already included. I will do my homework first before to ask anything that might not be useful

have a great day, please let me know when you'll put these points in your busy schedule.

cheers

I should apologize for your time as my answer was too fast too incomplete.

In fact, after today's seminar, I found some time to play again trying to implement some of my strategies.
So far I haven't been able to succeed, I hope there is a way to implement these, may be it is just a learning curve and I'll soon be able to complete any details that I want.

As an opening condition, there is a TS/KS cross but I'd like to add another condition for a weak cross: price action being below KUMO
Also entry would be at the first FULL CANDLE passing the KS...

As per exit at ATR stop level, I don't think I can use this as a Take profit: Entry + ATR again I could also use a full candle closing on the other side of TS

that's it for now

thanks again for trying to help, I appreciate this.

Alrighty, took some hours this thing, but I have something to post. I'm reasonably happy as this expands the standard Ichi, hence the M (modernized wink ) behind the name.

More knowledgeable users will notice it produces different results with "rises/falls" logic when compared with the standard indicator. I'm at wits myself about it, but I consider it reliable. The issue is that the original has the logic coded in the indicator, whereas I call the hard-coded one as other standard FSB indicators. To me they are both similarly built.

There's a vertical shift function for Kumo, essentially position gets not opened if Kumo is closer than the set point value.

Please test it thoroughly, there may be malfunctions and bugs - let me know if something of sorts happens.

Post's attachments

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo M.cs 30.38 kb, 24 downloads since 2014-12-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Footon,
thank you very much for doing so. Appreciate that
Now I am trying to import in the system, seen on the forum that it should be in the repository indicator but I can't find it neither a way to import it?
still a virgin here smile
thanks

Bobnz2012 wrote:

Hi Footon,
thank you very much for doing so. Appreciate that
Now I am trying to import in the system, seen on the forum that it should be in the repository indicator but I can't find it neither a way to import it?
still a virgin here smile
thanks

Import? It's download it first, then Pro->user files->indicators. Put it there and start the program.

I'll put it into repo when no issues are reported.