Topic: Feature Request: Exit based on average position price

In the Stop/Limit exit rule, it may be nice to be able to set the aggregated position price as the base price, so that if I am using a strategy that "adds" positions with each signal, the stop loss or profit target will be calculated based on the average price of the entire position, and not on a trade-by-trade basis.

This (and the increase of the +/-300 pips limitation) will allow the creation of more elaborate strategies that scale in either by pyramiding or by averaging down.

Re: Feature Request: Exit based on average position price

If you average a position the TP/SL levels are calculated according to the average price of the position and a new stop/limit order is added for the new entry order(if any). (as I remember, I have to check in the source)

The stop/limit will be increased to 500. Is it OK.

3 (edited by DannyBens 2007-04-13 20:56:41)

Oh - I didnt know that you are already considering the average price of the position.
In that case, you need to add the other option: where base price is the price of each trade.

I have strategies with up to 2000 pips loss (per trade) - 500 is better than 300, sure, but if you will be able to make it unlimited, or at least limit it to lets say 3000, it will be nicer.

Also, dont forget, that if you intennd to open the builder for any symbol that the users want (as I think you should) than some currencies are much wilder and move many more pips per day - for example, Turkish Lira (USDTRY, EURTRY) or GBPCHF or metals (XAUUSD and XAGUSD)

We have enough RAM.

Ok there is no problem to add everything that can be traded with the same rules. Initially the design was able to add your symbols, but it las a little buggy and I've commented it.
I have to find how to determine the pips point.

I think there is no choice but to have a configuraiton file (INI format if it is to be handled manually) that has the tick values and anything that is not in this file, will use the default of 0.0001

Is it acceptable to have a file:
pairs.xml into the ./Data directory

<pairs>
    <symbol point="4">GBPCHF</symbol>
    <symbol point="2">GBPJPY</symbol>
</pairs>

Symbol: 6 capital letters
point: 4 or 2

If an exception  - only the majors

this symbols to be added below the majors in the menu in order like in the file.

Easy for editing - right click - edit.

Yes, I guess it is ok.
But if you want to stay generic, I would consider these points:

1. ALL pairs must have an entry like this in the file, including majors
2. If the file does not exist, you do only the majors
3. If the file exist, you display only the pairs that appear in the file (this way I can remove the majors if i do not need them)
4. The list should be displayed alphabetically (in the drop down list)
5. You should think about future additions and see that they fit in your concept - for example
    <symbol point="2" spread="20" swap="2">XAUUSD</symbol>

I'll make a menu in the program for choosing and customizing the pairs. The configuration will be saved into a config file. - Easy and proffesional