Topic: Inversed Strategies Test.

Dear Mr Popov.
I use the ForexStrategyTrader Version 3.6.0.0  ExpertVersion 6.0
   I made a test on my real account:
I made one strategy and then I inversed the logical conditions so when the first strategy goes long
the second strategy goes short the same time. The result was that the two strategies didn't do what
I expected. ( The reversing accorded the Strategy Overview from the ForexStrategyTrader ).
They opened their positions with up to 50 minutes delay. This tells me that the two strategies
are not symmetrical.
   I will continue my tests nex week with the Pro version and I will let you know.
Kind Regards.

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

Re: Inversed Strategies Test.

It is better to post the strategies and we'll be able to comment them.

I think you are attempting to place two orders simultaneously, one long and one short so as to have a straddle.

To do that, you are going to have to have someone adjust the code for you to execute the orders.

Of course when you invert the strategy it will not place the orders at the same time, one is looking for shorts while the other is looking for longs.

The only way for this to happen as you require is to have the coding of the strategy modified.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Each strategy tries to interpret the market conditions and make a decision.
So my aim is to make some experiments about the behaviour of ForexStrategyTrader.
I would expect the ForexStrategyTrader to open the two opposite positions simultaneously
because the conditions were the same and the only difference was the decision.
I used my real AAAFX account because I believe that the tests must be done on real accounts.
Also I must say that the FST responce was excellent and the positions opened as soon the FST
sent the orders.
I must make clear that I run two opposite strategies simultaneously using two working copies
of FST with different ID and Magic.
I used the same computer for this. Next week I will use two different computers; one for each strategy.
I will post my strategies to be able to comment them.

These are the strategies

Post's attachments

ROSSHOOKDONCHIAN MINUS.xml 10.35 kb, 7 downloads since 2014-10-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

This is the other strategy.