Topic: How do I....?

Hi Popov,

How do I

1) force the generator to come out with more exit options?

2) turn off add lots when generating strategy?

3) always have a stop loss when generating ? Do I use the new 'Always use' option?

As usual thank again! (Hope you have had a wonderful summer as we trade all the way to winter!)

Satch.

Re: How do I....?

exit options.... increase  'closing logic' slots and open the closing logic you want with logical operator which acts as an 'or' statement, Place the cjain on those so that they do not disappear.

Have a look at the editor..... re stop adding lots

Use 'always' for stops.

You will have to experiment a lot to learn the software,

Hope that helps, someone else may have ideas also

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hello Satch!
Maybe to help:
1) You can set the generator to use more than 1 criteria, check the generator settings
2) There's also  explicit options for that. In the editor turn it off and in generator do not check the box (so that generator keeps the choice you made in editor)
3) Yes, "always use", and choose the range of point value. Maybe choosing a decent range is not so straightforward. I myself choose the range so as to lose a maximum of 5% of my equity per trade (which is already a lot, but when using leverage I believe it's the very minimum).

Cheers
Nuno

Hello Satch,

1) force the generator to come out with more exit options?

You cannot force it. Just set the desired Acceptance Criteria and the Max number of Closing Logic Conditions slots and it will care of finding only strategies that fulfill these conditions.

2) turn off add lots when generating strategy?

Switch Off these two options. The first one responds for the Adding, the second one for the reducing or reversing.

http://s29.postimg.org/3ks1a53ub/screenshot_660.jpg

3) always have a stop loss when generating ? Do I use the new 'Always use' option?

You are right. Set Stop Loss usage  to Always use. Set also the SL range in points.

Thx all for the speedy responses, and Popov for the answer!

As for 1) I'm locked my entry signals and then re-generating. Hopefully it will produce better exits.