Topic: Inverse Operations

Hi,

I woukld like to ask you if there is the possibility to modify a strategy to invert the operation on entry signal, so if the strategy to signal A open a long position, change it to open a short position insteade the long

Thanks

Re: Inverse Operations

Well, lets look up the FSB guide.

FSB Guide wrote:
Firstly, note that only the logic for the long positions is input in the indicator slots. You don't need (and you are not able) to input the logic for the short positions. Forex Strategy Builder does it automatically. For example, if you want to open a long position when the market price has reached the upper Bollinger Band and a short one at the lower band, it is enough to choose Bollinger Bands with “Enter long at the Upper Band” logic. This is sufficient for the program to perform the requested logic in both directions. Forex Strategy Builder always performs what we have set in the long position slots and automatically determines the mirror logic for the short position.

One more note - reversing a loser does not produce a winner, it will still lose.

HTH

footon wrote:

Well, lets look up the FSB guide.

FSB Guide wrote:
Firstly, note that only the logic for the long positions is input in the indicator slots. You don't need (and you are not able) to input the logic for the short positions. Forex Strategy Builder does it automatically. For example, if you want to open a long position when the market price has reached the upper Bollinger Band and a short one at the lower band, it is enough to choose Bollinger Bands with “Enter long at the Upper Band” logic. This is sufficient for the program to perform the requested logic in both directions. Forex Strategy Builder always performs what we have set in the long position slots and automatically determines the mirror logic for the short position.

One more note - reversing a loser does not produce a winner, it will still lose.

HTH

I know this, but my question is different... Is there the possibility to inverse the operation type in entry signal?

Thanks

I think you can do that manually in the editor

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

I think you can do that manually in the editor

In the editor of FSB? which editor?

Thanks

tigeerr wrote:

I know this, but my question is different... Is there the possibility to inverse the operation type in entry signal?

Thanks

If I understand you correctly you want one and the same strategy to give opposite signals, yes?

footon wrote:
tigeerr wrote:

Thanks

If I understand you correctly you want one and the same strategy to give opposite signals, yes?

Perfect, I want to hold the same strategy but if the standar strategy at the signal go long I want it go short (no long)

Yes, that's easy. You change the logics to opposite. In some rare cases it might prove tricky due to indicator capabilities, but solutions should be available.

The most easiest strategy (with 1 indicator) reversed, first it's buy, reverse the logic and it's sell on the very same bar!
http://s12.postimg.org/dgzv23brh/alg2.png

footon wrote:

Yes, that's easy. You change the logics to opposite. In some rare cases it might prove tricky due to indicator capabilities, but solutions should be available.

The most easiest strategy (with 1 indicator) reversed, first it's buy, reverse the logic and it's sell on the very same bar!
http://s12.postimg.org/dgzv23brh/alg2.png

Hi,

I think it is correct

Thanks