Topic: MAX_BARS in FSB Pro

I have been trying to increase amount of MAX BARS in FSB Pro (in similar way as it is done in FSB, by enlarging defining parameter <MAX_BARS>50000</MAX_BARS> in file config.xml).

50000 bars will not give enough of historical testing period, especially when testing strategies build on 1m or 5m period.  But I was NOT ABLE to find MAX_BARS in FSB Pro.

Similar question has been put forward on forum:

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/4331/live-account-with-fsb-pro/

with an answer from Mr. Popov pointing to a file  "DataSource_FSB Demo data.xml". But such a file cannot be found in User Files\System in FSB Pro.

Here comes the list of files in this directory:
DataCache.json,
DataFeedSettings.json,
DataSource_FSB Demo data.json,
GeneratorDataBase.json,
Libraries.json,
MT4HistSettings.json,
Profile_Default profile.json,
Settings.json,
Repository IndicatroIndex.xml,
RepositoryStrategyIndex.xml

I have search all those files for MAX_BARS string without any positive result.

For now I am going around this problem by developing strategy with FSB Pro and then testing this strategy with FSB, but I should want to keep everything under FSB Pro “roof”.

Is it possible to change MAX_BARS in FSB Pro?

Re: MAX_BARS in FSB Pro

Open "DataSource_FSB Demo data.json" file and edit MaximumBarsLimit parameter at your own risk.

http://s14.postimg.org/pdch5iujh/screenshot_611.jpg

Mr. Popov - thank you for you prompt answer!

4 (edited by hannahis 2014-08-26 04:18:54)

I used a lot of 1m strategies and I faced similar problems in the FSB Pro with error messages saying my strategies are beyond the index etc or kept disconnecting.

I saw the snap shot to find the file but how do I change it? I used the file explorer to find the file but it asked for which programme to open it. 

1. How do I go about changing the file, i.e. use what programme to open the file and edit it
2. What's the recommended maximum bar input i.e. 100,000 bars suitable for strategies that uses 1min time frame?

Thanks

I think you can open that with notepad, I just checked and notepad opens it properly.

From my experience, when you load up that many bars you are going to have some difficulties. I understand why you need so many...... I also know that trouble awaits you as that is a ton of processing.

Did u consider breaking up the file in chunks and processing different chunks to get a common strategy, or doing one bunch and then forward testing?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....