Topic: JForex data update

Hi,

I would like to ask you a suggest. If i have to update the historic data for a pairs, Do I have to download all history again or can i to download only the new dates of data?

I tried to download only the new data but when I reload data from FSB it load only the new data and lose the old history

Do you have any suggest?

Thanks

regards

Re: JForex data update

Do I have to download all history again or can i to download only the new dates of data?

You have to download the full data series. FSB converts the new data and overwrites the old files.

You can also try to download data with FSB Pro. The files are fully compatible with FSB.

http://s14.postimg.org/9vfsac9b1/fsb_pro_data_feed.jpg

You have to download the full data series. FSB converts the new data and overwrites the old files.

You can also try to download data with FSB Pro. The files are fully compatible with FSB.

-------------------------------------------

Ok, but if I today download EURUSD 1M from 2010.01.01 and next week I want to download the last data of the past week, Do I need to download the serie from 2010.01.01 again?

FSB Pro can downlaod data directly from Dukascopy?

Thanks

Regards

Ok, but if I today download EURUSD 1M from 2010.01.01 and next week I want to download the last data of the past week, Do I need to download the serie from 2010.01.01 again?

If you use an alternative tool like TickStory, you'll have to download the new data only.

I setup a online service that constantly collects Dukas data. FSB Pro downloads ready for use files from this service.

Popov wrote:

If you use an alternative tool like TickStory, you'll have to download the new data only.

I setup a online service that constantly collects Dukas data. FSB Pro downloads ready for use files from this service.

I tried the tool SQ Tick Data Downloader, but the ticks file data downloaded are not compatible with FSB, do you know this tool?

Also, with TickStory tool I can download data but How can I prepare downlaoded data for the FSB format?

Thanks

Probably I undestood, I have to download data with Tickstory and then use that data with JForex to export them in correct FSB format, is it correct or there is another method?

Thanks

You can export data files directly from Tickstory. After the data are downloaded, right-click on the data row.

Click  "Export to file..." menu item.

Export to file dialog appears.

In "Output Format" field select "Pre-defined" formats and select Forex SB Bar Format.

In Filename set {Symbol}15.csv where 15 is for 15Min chart.

This will save the data file in acceptable format:

http://s14.postimg.org/hhxccyvj1/screenshot_563.jpg

Popov wrote:

You can export data files directly from Tickstory. After the data are downloaded, right-click on the data row.

In "Output Format" field select "Pre-defined" formats and select Forex SB Bar Format.

Ok, and How to export bin data for ticks?

If I am from italy, is it better to put "AdjustTimezone" to UTC+1?

Thanks

tigeerr wrote:
Popov wrote:

Ok, and How to export bin data for ticks?

If I am from italy, is it better to put "AdjustTimezone" to UTC+1?

Thanks

Hi Popov,

with your suggest for TickStory I am able to have all data for FSB from 1m to 1D timeframe, but i am not able to have the tick data to load from FSB, do you have any suggest to obtain the tick data from TickHistory?

Thanks

do you have any suggest to obtain the tick data from TickHistory?

I haven't implement such feature. Probably there is some way, but I don't know it. You can ask in Tickstory forum how to export a data file in JForex tick data format.

Popov wrote:

do you have any suggest to obtain the tick data from TickHistory?

I haven't implement such feature. Probably there is some way, but I don't know it. You can ask in Tickstory forum how to export a data file in JForex tick data format.

I tried to install FSB Pro and download data, but I can see timeframe from 1M and not the data file with tick data. Why? In FSB free version if I download data from JForex I saw also the tick data format used to fill the bar for signals intrabar

Thanks

You have to import tick data from JForex.

Popov wrote:

You have to import tick data from JForex.

Ok. Do you know a method to download history data with the possibility of updating new data without to have to download all serie again? The tool should have the possibility to export data for FSB format included tick data format

TickStory would be ok but it doesn't permit to export data in tick format for FSB.

In this moment I use JForex but with this instrument when I need of update data I have to download all data serie again

Thanks

Do you know a method to download history data with the possibility of updating new data without to have to download all series again?

I have plans to upgrade my data service later. It will do it.

Popov wrote:

Do you know a method to download history data with the possibility of updating new data without to have to download all series again?

I have plans to upgrade my data service later. It will do it.

As you said before your data series has not tick data, so do you know a service that permits also the tick data download with possibility to update data in a second time and with FSB compatible format?

Thanks