forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Additional Entry Signals - Winner option is not working

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by hannahis 2014-08-11 08:56:37)

Topic: Additional Entry Signals - Winner option is not working

I observed that my EA still adds an open position even when the original position is at a loss or negative value.  I thought Winner option will only adds additional position when the original position is making profit.

Questions

Winner option - a new position is added under which circumstances?

(1) when the original position i.e. the 1st entry is at a profit? or
(2) when the previous and last added position is at a profit?

Eg.

1st position is at 10pips profit
2nd position is at 30 lost
will there be a 3rd additional entry? 

If it is based on the 1st position, i.e. profit, then there will be a 3rd additional entry? or
If it is based on the last and previous opened position, i.e. 2nd position at a 30pips lost, then there shouldn't be any additional entry added right?

In my case, I observed that additional entry is added even if my original entry is at lost and it keeps adding even if my 1st position was at lost and/or the previous added entry was also at lost

Ideally, the Winner option should only open additional entry only when the previous or latest entry is at a profit, not when the original/1st entry is at profit.

Re: Additional Entry Signals - Winner option is not working

Can you post a screenshot?

The EA number is 133, the positions have been closed.

1st position closed at 6pips profit
2nd position closed at -3
3rd position closed at -45
4th position closed at -81
5th position closed at -107

Another problem, the maximum lots to open is at 4 lots and the above opened 5 lots

Post's attachments

EA 133 Winner Function.png 202.59 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-08-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

4 (edited by hannahis 2014-08-12 04:49:01)

This is another EA #301 whereby the Winner option is not working as intended.  It keeps adding entry even when the 1st entry or the last entry were at lost.

Request:

Can the Winner option be set whereby additional entry only when the 1st and the last entry is at profit value.

Because in my case as I observed, the 1st entry is negative value and the last entry is at 5 pips profit and a new entry is added, subsequently all of the positions drop to negative.

Post's attachments

301 Winner option.png 168.98 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-08-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Winner mode considers the aggregate position profit to be positive.

Can the Winner option be set whereby additional entry only when the 1st and the last entry is at profit value.

It can't. FSB Pro sees a position as a whole and cannot determine the different entries and exits.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Additional Entry Signals - Winner option is not working