forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Forex Strategy Trader is connected / disconnected

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Trader is connected / disconnected

Hi Miroslav,

This week I´ve started to use FST and all was fine, but when I try to trade with FSB Pro, following all the steps described in your web, it doesn´t work, just trading with “test trade” default strategy. MT4 alterns the display “Forex Strategy Trader is connected / disconnected” every single second.

I´ve tried to change all:, ID, magic number, reinstall MT4 files, uninstall FST… and always is the same: FSB Pro connects with MT, in fact there are 3 green vertical lines and says “automatic trade started” and “now trading”, but nothing happens. I give up. I need some help.

TIA

Post's attachments

Captura.JPG 74.27 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Forex Strategy Trader is connected / disconnected

This normally happens when there are equal connection IDs on different charts. Please be sure that there are no equal IDs in FSB Pro and FST.

The best is to  close all experts in MT4, stop FSB and  FST, restart the computer and start connecting one, by one.

What is this EURUSD - Pro symbol?

I did that several times yesterday before write in the forum. Even I uninstalled FST in order to not interfere with FSB Pro.

Now I´ve installed FST again but it´s closed. I´ve closed all, restarted my computer and reinstalled the expert in MT. I have only one chart opened in MT only with your expert and ID=101, such in FSB and nothing more. Same result.  It is very strange.

EURUSD-Pro is the name that my broker uses to call EURUSD. It works in FST with no problem. It uses this name to differentiates from the other one because Pro is ECN and EURUSD is MM. That´s the only reason.

Sometimes the latency between your machine and your broker can cause some problems.

You may actually be being disconnected from the link for brief periods.

I suggest that you do speed tests between you and the server and also monitor for disconnects for a week or so.

Myself, I have a very good speed on my internet and still experience disconnects from the broker server.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Some third party software causes such problems also.

It was happen to me before. There was nothing suspicions in FST and MT4. The problem was found in a Garmin map software running in my machine.

I made a special too lfor monitoring MT4 - FSB Pro (FST) connections.
See this thread: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/4288/fix … -1-in-mt4/

Thanks to you both. During today I´m going to test some of them. I´ll report to you the conclusions.

There are times when performance can be affected by 'gremlins' which have installed themselves in our machines. Sometimes a thorough clean out is appropriate using Malware bytes or something similar, different from the normal antivirus.

Also, our modems/routers can become cluttered and need to be unplugged at the wall and allowed to rest for 5 minutes and then restarted in order to reset them and re establish good connectivity.

Windows machines are prone to clutter which throttles performance, the registry has to be cleaned out on a regular basis to keep good performance.

There are many factors which can make performance deteriorate and we have to be aware  of those conditions and constantly maintain our computer systems.

The amount of data in Mt4 can impair its performance.

I’m here again with the results… and solutions.

Thanks again for your friendly and accurate explanations, Blaiserboy. I agree with you about the gremlins and other factors, in fact sometimes there are inexplicable reasons than only work restarting machines. A lot of times, like now, the solution is quite easy, but you need to spend so many time discarding one by one any other reason.

After trying all the morning with your ideas, testing ping, measuring upload and download data, cleaning the computer, stopping all unnecessary processes, running Popov’s tool, reinstalling programs, trying with different charts, accounts and brokers….. I’ve found the problem finally. It works fine reinstalling and running MT4 as an “administrator”, and only this way, at least for me. Working as “user” it didn’t work.

Regards

I am glad you found a solution..... I have had many difficulties as well..... and I found that I had to clean out my machine regularly to make things work properly.

Hopefully smooth sailing from now on for you.

I am running virtualised Windows XP container for the FSB. It's very stable and resource efficient with highest compatibility. I had also some minor issues in Win 7/8, but they are solved now.

zenoni wrote:

I am running virtualised Windows XP container for the FSB. It's very stable and resource efficient with highest compatibility. I had also some minor issues in Win 7/8, but they are solved now.

I think I would prefer to have XP for FSB, Windows 7 seems friendly to weird gremlins.

I would like to inform that You can extend Windows XP support up to 2019 with this minor hack:
http://www.zdnet.com/registry-hack-enab … 000029851/
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/18 … of-updates

oh wow. thank you very much.!!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → Forex Strategy Trader is connected / disconnected