- writing documentation;
- optimizing data loading and memory usage;
- improving and optimizing the source code;

After final release
- Adding walk-forward optimization

Optional:
- Dukascopy data feed

Re: Forex Strategy Builder Professional ToDo List

The walk forward will be a huge addition.

I wonder if there  would be a way for including more than one pair in strategy builder so as to improve robust qualities.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

a way for including more than one pair in strategy builder

I discussed such functionality with my friends - professional traders and analyzers.

We agreed that providing several pairs to an indicator will allow "Cross Trading", known as "Pair Trading" or "Statistical Arbitrage".

Unfortunately, the current design of the indicators (including the custom ones) doesn't allow using multiple pairs.

I'll may add such feature in some of the next major releases.

Popov wrote:

I discussed such functionality with my friends - professional traders and analyzers.

We agreed that providing several pairs to an indicator will allow "Cross Trading", known as "Pair Trading" or "Statistical Arbitrage".

Unfortunately, the current design of the indicators (including the custom ones) doesn't allow using multiple pairs.

I am thinking of loading two pairs that are sorta correlated like EUR and GBP and developing a strategy for EUR using data from both....

Some people seem to have great results with pairs trading, there is one brokerage in Canada that has  specialized in that and they seem to do quite well. It may be very interesting to have that capability.

Would it be possible to reduce the minimum stop loss and minimum take profit and minimum breakeven to one pip or perhaps an even smaller amount.

Thanks

Blaiserboy wrote:
Popov wrote:

I am thinking of loading two pairs that are sorta correlated like EUR and GBP and developing a strategy for EUR using data from both....

Some people seem to have great results with pairs trading, there is one brokerage in Canada that has  specialized in that and they seem to do quite well. It may be very interesting to have that capability.

You're spot on, Dave! I was hoping to start to look into correlation with Pro's multicurrency support, but it's not possible.

Please add the posibility to combine 2 strategies ....

How about adding a percentage risk on balance or equity which ever is lower as the lot size on top of the  current fix lot. This will enable the strategy to properly scale to the size of the capital use in actual trading.