Topic: Error custom indi V. 3.6

I have a problem with the new version 3.6. Are not read custom indicators.
the error message is attached

Grazie

Re: Error custom indi V. 3.6

It's because there are changes in the base classes and FSB cannot load the old, precompiled indicators.
It can be fixed easily by doing one of the following:
-  Delete Libraries.xml in "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder\User Files\System"
-  Delete all dll files in "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder\User Files\Libraries"

thanks everything is ok

Hi, I had a similar issue and wanted to report back in case it helps someone else:

I went to install FSB on a new system and also installed .NET 2.0 since that is what the minimum requirement said.

When I first ran FSB, it gave an error about custom indicators and said I needed .NET 3.5 or higher. So I researched this at Microsoft and determined that .NET 4.0 is the latest build for my OS.

After installing .NET 4.0 I still got the same error message and no custom indicators.

Lastly, I also downloaded .NET 3.5 SP1 and that seemed to make FSB happy.

So I think maybe start with .NET 3.5 on a new install instead of .NET 2.0

After installing .NET 4.0 I still got the same error message and no custom indicators.
Lastly, I also downloaded .NET 3.5 SP1 and that seemed to make FSB happy.
So I think maybe start with .NET 3.5 on a new install instead of .NET 2.0

FSB Freeware is compiled under .NET 2.0. That's why .NET 2.0 is the minimum requirement.
On the other hand, the custom indicators may need .NET 3.5, which is an update to .NET 2.0.
Why is that?
- You can actually use FSB on .NET 2.0 machine and you can fix all available custom indicators to .NET 2.0. This may be necessary if you run FSB on a corporate machine or on virtual server that you cannot control.
- .NET 3.5 contains some features that are useful and make the programming easier. Since .NET 3.5 is a free update, it's perfectly acceptable to allow developers to make custom indicators under it.

.NET 4.0 is a new thing and it doesn't run .NET 2.0 (3.5) apps directly.  You do not need it for the Free version of FSB, but it's a prerequest for FSB Pro.

FSB Free can be easily precompiled on .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0. The problem is that .NET 4.0 updates to .NET 4.5 and if we go further we'll ignore Windows XP users since .NET 4.5 cannot be installed on Windows XP. We also believe that there are many machines stuck to .NET 2.0 (3.5). That's why, we maintain FSB Free on that base.

I think that FSB/FST/FSB Pro support for the XP/Windows Server 2003 is necessary as long as Metatrader 4 supported for the XP. In corporate environment the XP supported up to 2019.