forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → FSB Pro Beta 1 Preview Error

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: FSB Pro Beta 1 Preview Error

This Occurred when I stopped the generator

The given key was not present in the dictionary.   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Core.Generator.GeneratorService.A(SlotTypes A, GeneratorDbRecord B) in File6-line 126   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Core.Generator.GeneratorService.Stop() in File10-line 113   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.B() in File534-line 499   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

Second Instance

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Core.Generator.GeneratorService.A(SlotTypes A, GeneratorDbRecord B) in File6:line 126
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Core.Generator.GeneratorService.Stop() in File10:line 113
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.B() in File534:line 499
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: FSB Pro Beta 1 Preview Error

Thank you for the report.
I'll see what happens.

haha  I was wondering if I needed to post the complete report......... I see you edited out the bottom section....... next time I will just post the few lines at the top.

I had stopped the generator a few times, no problem, then the error appeared.

I cannot reproduce it. I have an idea what can be, but for now cannot find the problem. I'll dig deeper.

Can zip and attach your System directory. I still cannot reproduce the bug.

Popov wrote:

Can zip and attach your System directory. I still cannot reproduce the bug.

On my C drive under Windows  'System' seems to be empty, however System32 has many things....... did u want system32?

I mean C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\System

Hopefully this is the one you need

Post's attachments

Settings.zip 27.67 kb, 2 downloads since 2014-03-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I didn't manage to reproduce the bug, but fix an eventual cause.

I also noted that on some sorting parameters, Generator pushes strategies to the collections, but doesn't show them on Generator screen. I'll try to fix it and will upload another preview tomorrow.

Please report all problems. I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.

I think I will reinstall to a new directory... maybe some garbage in that one that needs to be avoided. If problem persists I will let you know.

I finally reproduced the error. It happens when I put a new custom indicator. I'll fix it now easily.

Other good news:
- The MT4 connection now trades successfully with larger time frame indicators in FSB Pro.
- I and Serfel reproduced and discussed dll crash on XP. We'll fix it soon.
- I'm working on jForex data import and hope to implement tick backtest soon. Currently on intrabar scanning is working n the latest preview.

I have been running the newest version for a few hours, stopped and started it and error did not reappear.

Popov wrote:

I finally reproduced the error. It happens when I put a new custom indicator. I'll fix it now easily.

Other good news:
- The MT4 connection now trades successfully with larger time frame indicators in FSB Pro.
- I and Serfel reproduced and discussed dll crash on XP. We'll fix it soon.
- I'm working on jForex data import and hope to implement tick backtest soon. Currently on intrabar scanning is working n the latest preview.

is it also valid for windows server 2003?

I think this is a new error

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Components.StrategyLayout.InvalidateStrategySlot(IStrategy newStrategy, Int32 slotNumber) in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Components\StrategyLayout.cs:line 1001
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.L() in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Presenters\GeneratorPagePresenter.cs:line 765
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.A(Boolean A) in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Presenters\GeneratorPagePresenter.cs:line 710
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.B() in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Presenters\GeneratorPagePresenter.cs:line 505
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

is it also valid for windows server 2003?

Serfel told me that he'll make a XP virtual box and will recompile the expert there. We'll attach it in the forum for testing. I think the problem in both OS is same.

This one occurred when I attempted to open the program

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Components.StrategyLayout.InvalidateStrategySlot(IStrategy newStrategy, Int32 slotNumber) in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Components\StrategyLayout.cs:line 1001
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.L() in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Presenters\GeneratorPagePresenter.cs:line 765
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.A(Boolean A) in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Presenters\GeneratorPagePresenter.cs:line 710
   at ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation.Presenters.GeneratorPagePresenter.B() in d:\GitHub\FSB_Pro_Project\Source\ForexStrategyBuilder.Presentation\Presenters\GeneratorPagePresenter.cs:line 505

This one occurred when I attempted to open the program ...

This is the same error as before. It happens on Generator page after validating "Use previous bar values" of the strategy indicators.
Is it happens on a particular strategy or with a particular indicator?

If it happens after opening, it means that the problematic strategy is saved. Can you try to find it?

here is a pic

When I load without a strategy, does not give an error.

(Adding Error Reporting is a great idea.. I hope many others are reporting whatever may turn up as I have a feeling there is only a couple errors to locate and the faster they are found, the better)

Post's attachments

daveM - SNAG-00096.jpg
daveM - SNAG-00096.jpg 58.23 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-03-19 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The last error is reproduced.
It happens when FSB Pro loads a strategy with symbol that is not set in the DataSource and at the same time the data files exists. The program loads the data file successfully, but cannot set the data properties.

I'll fix this error today.

The original error was due to my error... I had set up a forex pair as an index by mistake...

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → FSB Pro Beta 1 Preview Error