Topic: FST noncompability with MT build 600

As everyone knows, MT had a major update. It includes significant overhaul of mql, which in turn has rendered FST's expert nonfunctional as it doesn't compile. For the time being FST cannot be used for trading unfortunately. At the moment there is not much to do than to wait for the developer to come back from his work trip.

Old and active members know this already, but let me post it once more what is the day job of our developer, and the nature of it:

Popov wrote:

I'm a Chief Engineer Officer of a commercial ship. I'm working several months on board and have several months vacation after that.

I've sent a message to Mr. Popov, I hope he got it. Unfortunately I cannot give out any dates or timetable for fixing this issue.

EDIT: working solution here http://forexsb.com/forum/post/23831/#p23831

Re: FST noncompability with MT build 600

терминалы обновились и теперь мт4 не видят советников .при комптляции происходят ошибки

'StringReplace' - override system function    MT4-FST Expert.mq4    2260    8
'void' function returns a value    MT4-FST Expert.mq4    1563    5
'void' function returns a value    MT4-FST Expert.mq4    1710    9
variable 'output' not used    MT4-FST Expert.mq4    1893    12
'StringReplace' - ambiguous call to overloaded function with the same parameters    MT4-FST Expert.mq4    2203    12
2 error(s), 6 warning(s)        3    7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

я не плностью отразил проблему попробую описать.после обновления мт4 версия 4 Build 509  Forex Strategy Trader работает хорошо .соединения с мт4 хорошее.
после обновления мт4 версия 4 Build 584 Forex Strategy Trader перестаёт работать.соединения с мт4 отсуствует.советник не компиться.в этой версии мт4 папки устонавливаються в другие директории.
эта версия мт4 более приближена мт5.
я пробовал переустонавливать терминал.программу.нечего не выходит.
советников устанавливал в ручную и программой.Forex Strategy Trader не работает.
может кто решит проблему.я привык к вашей программе.

3 (edited by cloyster 2014-02-05 17:50:15)

I believe I am having the same problem as this user. Since the terminal update FST cannot find the MT4 EA.
Everything looks fine within the MT4 Journal however when I enter the connection id into FST, the FST application goes into a 'not responding' state. I'm having the exact same issue with multiple brokers since the update. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Since the terminal update FST cannot find the MT4 EA.
Everything looks fine within the MT4 Journal however when I enter the connection id into FST, the FST application goes into a 'not responding' state. I'm having the exact same issue with multiple brokers since the update. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Yeah, it is a serious issue indeed. For more information about the MT4 update, please read: http://forum.mql4.com/60555

I hope that I get FST working again.

I also added a screenshot, very bad situation.....

Additional information about the problems of the MT4 build 600: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=469491

I will also try this FST Jforex bridge: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3843/jforex-fst-bridge/
Jforex is another great platform. I hope that this alternate solution will be workable.

Не дружит трейдер с build 600. Пытался установить в соответствующие разделы эксперта и dll - не работает. MT4 файлы даже не видит. Наверное, по этой же причине возникают проблемы и с PRO. Plz help.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Not friends trader with build 600. Tried hands to establish in the relevant sections of the expert and the dll does not work. MT4 files't even see it. Probably for the same reason there is any problem with the PRO. Plz help.

Are you obliged to update MT4? I'm working with OANDA and they haven't rolled out the new version yet, so all is still working fine.

Thanks for informing that the developed is not around. That explains why the Forum is much less dynamic than before. And why there are no news regarding PRO.

Have a nice week-end

Изменился формат файла HST.
Format 600 HST is changed, for import from metatrader need change in MetaTaderImport.cs.

private void ImportHstFile(string file)
{
DateTime dt = new DateTime(1970, 1, 1).AddSeconds(seconds); // bar time
decimal open = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // open
decimal low = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // low
decimal high = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // high
decimal close = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // close
decimal volume = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // vol
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DateTime dt = new DateTime(1970, 1, 1).AddSeconds(seconds); // bar time

br.ReadInt32(); // datetime compensation of length

decimal open = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // open
decimal low = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // low
decimal high = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // high
decimal close = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadDouble(), digits); // close

decimal volume = Math.Round((decimal) br.ReadInt64(), digits); // vol
    br.ReadInt32(); // spread
    br.ReadInt64(); // real_volume

nquental wrote:

Are you obliged to update MT4? I'm working with OANDA and they haven't rolled out the new version yet, so all is still working fine.

Thanks for informing that the developed is not around. That explains why the Forum is much less dynamic than before. And why there are no news regarding PRO.

Have a nice week-end

seems that the update is not something you can control. it just happens when you restart the program.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I have problem
cannot load MT4FST library.dll When my Mt4 upgrade???
I copy files MT4FST library.dll to folder LIBRARY - MT4 but it does not see

How to solve this problem?

14 (edited by serfel 2014-02-10 19:38:57)

To solve this problem need rewrite EA and MT4-FST Library.dll. In 600+MT Changed Bar struct and (it worst) work with strings (been-Unicode, now-Multibyte). Convertor is added in DLL. One half of this work i do, but have now only 1-2 free hours in day, end it after 2-3 days.

I solved this problem. Now my Trader are connected to 600MT. I will check it in trade and will lay out here, maybe tomorrow. EA and DLL are corrected.

serfel wrote:

I solved this problem. Now my Trader are connected to 600MT. I will check it in trade and will lay out here, maybe tomorrow. EA and DLL are corrected.

You're a star, Sergei!

Thank's. I build new topic with attach.

serfel wrote:

Thank's. I build new topic with attach.

Thanks so much for your help.!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....