Topic: Static Filters (Strategies saved as Indicators)

I have been saving some of my strategies as indicators and have had some excellent results from doing so.

It is probably worth it to all to save better strategies as indicators as well as strategies because the generator will use them if possible and it can be quite gratifying to seem them in the list of indicators on a profitable strategy.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Static Filters (Strategies saved as Indicators)

Blaiserboy wrote:

I have been saving some of my strategies as indicators and have had some excellent results from doing so.

It is probably worth it to all to save better strategies as indicators as well as strategies because the generator will use them if possible and it can be quite gratifying to seem them in the list of indicators on a profitable strategy.

Hi,

how would it work? I tried to save str as indi but the result was list of dates and times and corresponding trades. So it will not open any trades in future just in the past.

Interesting idea. At the end this is almost equivalent to improving a strategy by adding more opening/closing logics.

Really an interesting idea. Some curves look very nice. Is it possible to use these strategies with static filters in live MT4 trading (via FST)?

Is it possible to use these strategies with static filters in live MT4 trading (via FST)?

Using saved strategy as an indicator for trading will not send signals because the new data are beyond the signal limits of the saved filter.