1 (edited by Thresh0ld 2013-10-19 19:14:45)

Topic: Bar closing/ percent stop loss

Bar closing- I dont completely understand how this is working? Is this closing at the end of thebar that was entered? Does adding additional closing logic parameters mean it closes it the end of the bar that meets these parameters?
Percent stop loss- Why can't I have a percent stop loss on my position if it goes to 1% loss for a loser, and also a closing logic for when it is a winner?
Also-
In Strategy Properties you have option to change lots and percents for positions sizes and maximum open lots for a position... but no percent/lots option for stop loss, take profit, and break even? Why? I think this is absolutely critical.

Re: Bar closing/ percent stop loss

Thresh0ld wrote:

Bar closing- I dont completely understand how this is working? Is this closing at the end of thebar that was entered? Does adding additional closing logic parameters mean it closes it the end of the bar that meets these parameters?

All correct.

Thresh0ld wrote:

In Strategy Properties you have option to change lots and percents for positions sizes and maximum open lots for a position... but no percent/lots option for stop loss, take profit, and break even? Why? I think this is absolutely critical.

I take it you are meaning partial closes. This is not implemented, but it is a good idea to present this to the developer.

Re: Bar closing/ percent stop loss

footon wrote:
Thresh0ld wrote:

I take it you are meaning partial closes. This is not implemented, but it is a good idea to present this to the developer.

No, full closes. Let me rewrite it:
Entry lots and maximum lots have a lots/percent option.
Position protection does not.
I suggest position protection should be allowed to be %. Not just pips. This will free the closing parameter "percent stop loss" to be used in position protection under strategy properties.http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7610/lyo6.png