Topic: Parameter limits

Hi!
It's not the first time I have problems with the upper limits in certain parameters. Last time was with certain indicators, but now it was in the instrument editor. For silver, for example, my broker uses 5 digits. The spread is there around 3500 points, a value which I am unable to enter in the editor.
Any chance to get rid of these limits - or perhaps enforce laxer limits? smile
Cheers
N.

Re: Parameter limits

enter 35.00

You will notice that there is on that page in FSB Edit Instruments 'Pips' and 'Points'. Perhaps you can spend some time learning how they relate to each other and then you will understand how to enter those numbers but for now use 35.00 and that will solve the difficulty.

I struggled with it also until I found some material in a search.

Have fun.!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

But 35 is 100 times less than what I need.

nquental wrote:

But 35 is 100 times less than what I need.

once you understand the relationship of pips and points you will understand..

For now try 35.00

5 (edited by nquental 2013-10-03 22:00:50)

There's not much to know about the relationship between pips and points I think. If you want to explain why your idea would make no difference I would be happy smile

I give up......

If I enter 35 instead of 3500 FSB will add the wrong spread to the trade, unless I change the number of digits. However, changing the number of digits could then have an impact when trading in FST, or no? I think so, that's what I concluded from a previous chat.

If you want to help me, please explain your reasoning. I'm not blindly following you just because you say "believe me". If you don't want to do it it's fine for me as well.

Can you write or make screenshot of silver's bid/ask here, please? That would help I think.

footon wrote:

Can you write or make screenshot of silver's bid/ask here, please? That would help I think.

Sure:
Bid: 22.28565
Ask: 22.31065

Thanks,
N.

nquental wrote:

Hi!
It's not the first time I have problems with the upper limits in certain parameters. Last time was with certain indicators, but now it was in the instrument editor. For silver, for example, my broker uses 5 digits. The spread is there around 3500 points, a value which I am unable to enter in the editor.
Cheers
N.

When I take the prices you provided.... seems the spread is not 3500 but 2500. I subtracted that bid from the ask to arrive at 2500.

Can you verify your numbers.....

And . did u set it up as CFD or Forex.......?  take a pic of the contract specs for your broker for that instrument and post it, please

11 (edited by nquental 2013-10-08 13:40:17)

Blaiserboy wrote:
nquental wrote:

Hi!
Cheers
N.

When I take the prices you provided.... seems the spread is not 3500 but 2500. I subtracted that bid from the ask to arrive at 2500.

And . did u set it up as CFD or Forex.......?

Ok but does it make any difference? Now it's 2500, at night it will be 3500...
Humm I don't remember if CFD or Forex, I'll check. Which influence does this choice have?

nquental wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:
nquental wrote:

Hi!
Cheers
N.

And . did u set it up as CFD or Forex.......?

Ok but does it make any difference? Now it's 2500, at night it will be 3500...
Humm I don't remember if CFD or Forex, I'll check. Which influence does this choice have?

Please post a pic of the contract specs. FSB treats the CFD differently from the Forex...... we have to know how your broker treats this instrument

My broker is 2 digit and CFD as u will see in the pic

Post's attachments

daveM - SNAG-00315.jpg
daveM - SNAG-00315.jpg 36.93 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks, here it is.

Post's attachments

merda.JPG
merda.JPG 32.95 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

I also attach the FST screen.

Post's attachments

merda2.JPG
merda2.JPG 31.77 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Any thoughts?

In principle, you can adjust digits in FSB. It affects FST trading in this respect, that you'll have to bear in mind the digits and adjust point values in indicators, if necessary.

There's another possibility - treat silver in FSB as FX, not CFD, just like your broker.

17 (edited by nquental 2013-10-10 20:06:14)

footon wrote:

In principle, you can adjust digits in FSB. It affects FST trading in this respect, that you'll have to bear in mind the digits and adjust point values in indicators, if necessary.

There's another possibility - treat silver in FSB as FX, not CFD, just like your broker.

But that's what I already do, I consider it FX. Could you explain what's how FSB and FST treat differently  FX and CFDs?
In my view it would be easier to eliminate the limits. Would it be possible?

Well, yes, I agree that it's easier to raise the spread limit in FSB.

Different treatment comes from differences between FX and CFD. You can't overcome or "eliminate" it,  if you know what I mean.

Popov, would it be possible?

Understanding the reason why parameter limits do exist (I presume to minimize the number of options when using generator and to prevent mistakes), let me suggest that such limits could be related to the number of digits of the instrument in use.

In my case, I have 5 digits for silver. Then the range allowed for the spread and for the indicator parameters should be automatically increased. Is this feasible?