Topic: Entry time and spread level

Hello
Two questions:

- Is it possible to have in the Entry time indicator the option "Do not enter between ...." - useful to limit spreads
- Is it possible to have the spread level working in FSB (it works well in FST but doesn't load in FSB)

Thanks
Nuno

Re: Entry time and spread level

Is it possible to have in the Entry time indicator the option "Do not enter between ...."

It is. You have to customize the indicator. Other option is to use two Entry time indicators.

Is it possible to have the spread level working in FSB

The indicator can work, but it is pointless. FSB uses constant spread value. Simply the historical data series don't have spread records.

FSB uses OHLCV data format. Where do you think the bid/ask quotes should come from to calculate the spread? Spread limiter works only in FST for a reason, and that is FST has access to bid/ask prices.

4 (edited by nquental 2013-08-06 21:52:58)

I know FSB works with a fixed spread. However as it is right now I have to build the strategy and then edit it in FST, instead of having the strategy ready right from FSB.

You can use a fixed spread broker or purposely set spreads higher than variable spread.

I use fixed spread brokers for simplicity.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I'm happy now with Oanda, they seem really good (at least so far...). Pretty low spreads most of the time, they only increase when the market doesn't move.

Oanda has an excellent history in the business, and lots of ideas in the forums.

Personally I like a little more leverage.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....