forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → [Solved] ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: [Solved] ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file

When I attempt to load a strategy developed involving Repo WTFv4.cs custom indicators on FSBv2.77.4 on my Win7 pc, which work fine on FSTv1.6.0 on Win7, onto FSTv3.0.0 on Win8, I get a Custom Indicators dropdown box which says for each of those Repo indicators -----ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [WTF indicator v4.cs].  Get a newer version from Code Repository  ----------

Re: [Solved] ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file

http://s7.postimg.org/dwykh89kn/screenshot_54.jpg

I don't understand response.  I went to  FSBv3.0.0 on Win8 and loaded Demo MACD Reversal.  then I successfully replaced Bar Opening with Alternative Ichimoku Kinko Hyo v07.1. Then I opened FSTv3.0.0.0 on Win8 and clicked on Reloasd the Custom Indicators under Tools.  Down came two  boxes, one listing 8 indicators, the other box listing more than a dozen custom indicators, all with the following error notice -- ERROR:  Obsolete format of source code in file [WTF indicator v4.cs]

Go to Libraries folder and delete all dlls. After that delete WTF indicators from your Indicators folder. Download WTF indicators from the Repo again and put them in Indicators folder.

Report any problems.

After doing my best to follow your instructions, now in FSTv3.0.0 [Win8], when I check under Tools "Check the Custom Indicators" -- all the WTFv4 indicators  appear OK in the Custom Indicators dropdown box.  And when I attempt to replace FST Bar Opening with a WTFv4 indicator it appears to  do that.  But when I check under Tools "Reload the Custom Indicators"  -- in addition to the dropdown box containing the WTFv4 OK, I get another dropdown box containing those ERROR: Obsolete format statements for each of the WTFv4 indicators.

OK, problem may be mostly solved.  It turns out I had FSTv3 loaded both on Program Files and ProgramFiles(86).  Have now done what you suggested to both and that seems to have solved most of the problem.  Still have problems with DayClosing2 and WeekClosing2.  And not sure whether the new FST-EAs with the new WFTs will trade on Win8

Still don't know why so many FST EAs, when properly attached to a chart, flicker continually between "Trade is connected" and "Trade is disconnected".  Also what ever happened to the Indicator  that exited a trade at the end of N bars?

can't anyone address the [Trader is connected-disconnected] 'flickering' that occurs whenever I have FST EAs attached to FXCM platform charts.  What causes the flickering, does it affect the operation of the EA, and if so How to stop it.  Please address. Please

Trader is connected-disconnected

It must not happen. I have seen such issue very rear on my machines XP, win 7, and win 8. It was mostly caused from duplicated Connection Ids.
(It may happen even if there is no visible duplicated connections. FST or MT4 can be found working in background from some unknown reasons. Also I have seen duplications on VPS when different users are using same IDs. This was fixed I hope.)

I cannot fix a problem I cannot reproduce. You have to make a detailed report.
Please try to stop all Experts in MT4. Clean the Global Variables: Tools - Global Variables.
Restart the PC.
Delete MT4 log files.
Run one copy of FST on one chart.
Does Connect/Disconnect happen?
If so, please upload the strategy, the  config.xml file, make  a screenshot of expert output in MT4 output.
Upload also the last MT4-FST expert logs found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\FXCM MetaTrader 4\experts\files"
Also MT4 log file.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → [Solved] ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file