forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ]

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder v3.0

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Popov 2013-09-01 11:15:21)

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder v3.0

Today we released Forex Strategy Builder v3.0.

This is a major release and includes many improvements.

In short there are important changes in Generator and Indicators

List of changes:
- There is a new file structure. Introduced "User Files" directory;
- Refreshing of user interface improved. Flickering of charts reduced.
- FSB uses new indicators format compatible with FSB Pro;
- Added possibility to override included indicators by custom ones;
- FSB saves / loads custom indicators as dll files. It allows faster loading.
- Program checks a strategy for missing indicators;
- Added generator autostart feature through command argument;
- Added ability to load a custom configuration file;
- Added support for generator strategy Templates;
- Added custom generator sorting and analytics;
- Added new FSB_Launcher;
- Included FSB_Launcher.xml in installation. It allows easier settings of FSB startup arguments.
- Added more acceptance criteria (previous known as Limitations) to Generator and Optimizer;
- Acceptance Criteria unified for Generator and Optimizer;
- Added Generator benchmark;
- Account Statistics shows Sharpe ratio;
- Added individual control of Same and Opposite signals generation;
- Acceptance Criteria unified for Generator and Optimizer.

For more details about the introduced improvements see these discussions:
Forex Strategy Builder v2.77 Beta
Forex Strategy Builder v2.9 RC

EDIT
Forex Strategy Builder v3.0.1 was released.

- It fixes bugs with "Week Closing 2" indicators. (Bug reported by SpiderMan);
  - Fixed also a bug with Launcher - splash screen doesn't close after moving;

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.0

- Added more acceptance criteria (previous known as Limitations) to Generator  !!!!!

Sorry pop but what the new criteria are?  its the same like previous installation

Popov wrote:

Today we released Forex Strategy Builder v3.0.

This is a major release and includes many improvements.

In short there are important changes in Generator and Indicators

List of changes:
- There is a new file structure. Introduced "User Files" directory;
- Refreshing of user interface improved. Flickering of charts reduced.
- FSB uses new indicators format compatible with FSB Pro;
- Added possibility to override included indicators by custom ones;
- FSB saves / loads custom indicators as dll files. It allows faster loading.
- Program checks a strategy for missing indicators;
- Added generator autostart feature through command argument;
- Added ability to load a custom configuration file;
- Added support for generator strategy Templates;
- Added custom generator sorting and analytics;
- Added new FSB_Launcher;
- Included FSB_Launcher.xml in installation. It allows easier settings of FSB startup arguments.
- Added more acceptance criteria (previous known as Limitations) to Generator and Optimizer;
- Acceptance Criteria unified for Generator and Optimizer;
- Added Generator benchmark;
- Account Statistics shows Sharpe ratio;
- Added individual control of Same and Opposite signals generation;
- Acceptance Criteria unified for Generator and Optimizer.

For more details about the introduced improvements see these discussions:
Forex Strategy Builder v2.77 Beta
Forex Strategy Builder v2.9 RC

That's amazing wink
How would update work.
I have older fsb with old indicators, imported market data and accounts and instruments settings.
If I just install new version over will it work?
Will the old xml indi be auto converted to dll or do i need to convert them somehow?
thanks.

Your instrument settings will remain, but you can archive them for any case.

All of your indicators has to be replaced with converted versions from the Repository.
If you have other indicators, you can convert them using this manual:
Converting Legacy Indicators in FSB Pro Format Guide

Popov wrote:

Your instrument settings will remain, but you can archive them for any case.

All of your indicators has to be replaced with converted versions from the Repository.
If you have other indicators, you can convert them using this manual:
Converting Legacy Indicators in FSB Pro Format Guide

Thanks
And can i download all indi at once from repo?

not found  config.xml file on this version
how can i increase maximum number of bars ?

Thanks

After the first start/stop, FSB will save a config file under User Files\System folder.

Popov wrote:

After the first start/stop, FSB will save a config file under User Files\System folder.

thanks,work great

Hi,
I uninstalled V2.7 and replaced it with V3 but it didn't seem to load correctly. I had a popup window saying something about C Compiler not working, then as that window closed a Custom Indicator window opened saying "Error: obsolete format of source code in file (current bar opening position test.cs). Get newer version from code repository."

Could you please tell me what to do now? Are there some files missing on my computer?

Thanks,

Mike

FSB v3.0 (as well as FST 3.0 and FSB Pro) uses new format of the custom indicators. You can download updated versions of the public custom indicators from the Code Repository.

If you have other indicators, you have to convert them alone. There is an instruction in the wiki (see above).

It's recommended to install .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1. It's a free update to .NET 2.0 from Microsoft and can be installed from Microsoft Update.

Popov wrote:

FSB v3.0 (as well as FST 3.0 and FSB Pro) uses new format of the custom indicators. You can download updated versions of the public custom indicators from the Code Repository.

If you have other indicators, you have to convert them alone. There is an instruction in the wiki (see above).

It's recommended to install .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1. It's a free update to .NET 2.0 from Microsoft and can be installed from Microsoft Update.

Many thanks for your help; will do that.

Installed Flawlessly...!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

blott wrote:
Popov wrote:

Many thanks for your help; will do that.

Re the obsolete current bar opening position test.cs
I couldn't find this in the indicator list you sent me to. Is it in there or have I missed it?

Thanks,

I have just installed V3.0 over the last version and all my strategies are in FSB but dont show up in FST when I try to load a new strat.

What have I done wrong?

Try File -> Open from FST and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder\User Files\Strategies".

HI,
Popov wrote:

I looked in the repository, but the indicator 'Current bar opening position' is not in there.

Where can I get this indicator from?

Thanks,

Mike

blott wrote:

HI,
Popov wrote:

I looked in the repository, but the indicator 'Current bar opening position' is not in there.

Where can I get this indicator from?

Thanks,

Mike

Are you sure it's an indicator? If it is, it's a custom one, to my knowledge not available in this forum. You have to convert the old one to the new format, link is given in this very thread.

Hello Mike,
I don't know "Current bar opening position" indicator. You can ask its author to recode it or do it yourself.

HI,
Maybe I won't need that one:-)

The strategy I am looking to automate is to open a trade in the opposite direction to the NY closing bar i.e. if it closes up, then trade short & vice versa. Any clues please how to achieve that?

Thanks,

Mike

20 (edited by pipscared 2013-06-24 00:11:42)

Popov wrote:

Try File -> Open from FST and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder\User Files\Strategies".

Hah, too easy... Thx mate. What I did initially was copy/paste all my strats into the FST strat folder. Is there any issue doing it that way or should I follow above protocol?
Cheers.

No problem at all. You can even Copy (Ctrl+C) from FSB and Paste (Ctrl+V) in FST.

i noticed a Direct proportion between  Benchmark and the number of selected slots in generator

If i select only maximum 2 slots the benchmark below 100''most of time 50s''  but if i make it 8 slots  the benchmark jump to 300 !!!!!  this means if i need the generator  run faster i have to increase the number of slots !!  any way to make it run its calculation faster with the small number of slots selected

Forex Strategy Builder v3.0.1 was released.

- It fixes bugs with "Week Closing 2" indicators. (Bug reported by SpiderMan);
  - Fixed also a bug with Launcher - splash screen doesn't close after moving;

Strategies that uses "Week Closing 2" have to be arranged manually in FSB because the fixed indicator has different parameters and strategies cannot be loaded. You can save first your strategies with "Week Closing" exit and to recover it after loading in the new version.

Please report any issues you may encounter.

Released Forex Strategy Builder v 3.0.2

- It fixes a crash on launching in some systems.
  - Indicators are unified for all programs.
  - Fixed a bug in Generator - changing same and opposite signals even if it is said to preserve their values.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder v3.0