Topic: not working strategy trader

Dear All,

I did a strategy file and this file is generated by builder and used it in trader. I tried it with meta trader 4 as demo account and live data. Then copy the history data from meta trader and try it in builder with same strategy. But i saw at same time stamp and same time builder opens a long or short position but trader not in live mode. What is wrong? Why builder works differently from trader when we use same data and same strategy.

Bets regards.

Re: not working strategy trader

Do you have the smiley face in the top right of the MT4 screen and does FST say connected? Also did you press start trading in FST? FST should be the same as FSB.

There is no any problem to connect MT4 and trader. I mean, in live mode you use a strategy with trader but there is no any action to open or close position. But when i get this live data as historical and copy it in builder data and try it, i see that it opens position any time. For example for today you used trader from 10:00 to 12:00.But with this strategy, it did not open any position. But when i copy this time period for builder and try my stragety with this data,I see that it opens psotion in this duration.In builder, It shows for any stragety doesnt work same as trader. How can i solve this problem.

Do you save the data from the MT chart or are using MT's history center for data downloading?

Upload the strategy.

Manual trading through FST works? Log files - any errors in them?

I think i cant explain my problem clearly. Sorry for this. As simple. there is a stragety and worked it in trader first for 1 day and it open or close some positions. Then i used same day historical data and same stargety with builder. And i saw that trader has 2  position but builder has 4. It means trader not works same as builder.

I think that if you will post the strategy that you will get better answers. It is most difficult for us to understand the nature of your difficulty with out the strategy.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I have had this problem before on some strategies and the way to solve it is  to increase the loaded bars to 2000.

This is my strategy.

Post's attachments

metin5.xml 14.47 kb, 3 downloads since 2013-06-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

In your previous thread I gave you a link, it directs you to the part in manual, which deals with the usage of previous bar value.