Topic: FSB won't install.

I have just downloaded FSB from your website, however I can't get it to install. I get a popup message as per the attachment. This just keeps going.

I have created the d:\MT folder and downloaded the MT4 data.

Have Windows 7 Ultimate.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

wooffx

Post's attachments

FSB install.jpg
FSB install.jpg 16.13 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: FSB won't install.

To remove the loading splash screen, right click on its icon and close it.
Please download the latest FSB v2.98 RC from the Download page and try with it. You may uninstall the old version first.

I did as you suggested. The new program is virtually doing the same thing as the last attempt. This time however, the loading application message stays for around twenty seconds then disappears. Program still hasn't loaded.

Post's attachments

FSB v2.98.1rc install.jpg 14.68 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I uploaded FSB v2.98.2 RC. It has some fixes. Please download it from the download page and try again.

I made afresh install of Windows XP. After full update go to installing FSB v2.98.2 RC.
The installer correctly stpped and asked for .NET 2. Ok I installed it and without updating repeated the installtion. This time FSB was installed.

Wen I run it it showed me this error message:

http://s4.postimg.org/vkgs5d1ll/screenshot_1.jpg

After confirming, FSB started without custom indicators.

It's about a new feature included in FSB v2.98

It's not a big problem and I'll fix it but, (Always has a "but" sad ) there are two options:
1st - to try fixing the code for .NET 2
2nd to update .NET 2 with its service pack and to try again.

I'll see....

Windows update ask me tu install .NET 3.5 as a High Priority Update.

http://s4.postimg.org/6m3xees7t/screenshot_2.jpg

That's exactly what FSB v2.98 needs.

This is because it uses .NET 3.5 features to compile indicators compatible with FSB Pro.
All of the currently uploaded indicators in Repository will compile under .NET 2, but most of the included already indicator will not (if you want to use them for overriding or modification).

I think to do the following. To put in FSB two options for compiling indicators. The default one will use the standard .NET 2. If it cannot compile and indicator (and you don't have .NET 3.5), it will ask you to install .NET 3.5 and to try again.

What do you think?

I made some changes.

FSB detects the installed .NET version. It uses the higher available.

If the user has only .NET 2, FSB compiles with it.
If it happens that some of the indicators has fancy code using .NET 3.5 syntax, FSB will ask the user to update his .NET version.

I'll upload this new version in a moment.

Hi there,
Iv'e downloaded and attempted to install the standard FSB as well as versions V2.98.1rc and v2.98.3rc. To no avail. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser and it tells me I have .NET 2 installed.
????

Is your virus program affecting the install....?

Are you attempting to change the parameters as you install.?

I have Windows 7 and have had no problems  with the install, I am thinking that the settings you are using on your computer are affecting the install.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I uninstalled the program, turned everything off that was running, including my anti virus software and re-installed - nothing. Stock standard install - can't change the settings because there is nothing to change.
When I get a moment, I'll try installing on my laptop and see what happens. I don't run any of my trading software on this machine but let's see what happens.

Well, I think you have to deal with someone who can work on your system, this problem is nothing to do with FSB.

Maybe there is a technician who can resolve the problem.

Program installed on my laptop, no problem. Clearly there is something amiss on my PC.
The easiest solution would be to install a demo account on my laptop I guess - I hate laptops!
Anyway, thanks all for your input.

Every query and answer can be helpful to someone else....... so it is great that you have submitted a difficulty.....

I spend a lot of time reading old posts and still learn about the software...... I actually discovered today a very useful indicator that Footon made many months ago that I had missed.

So the threads are like a reference library.

Clearly there is something amiss on my PC.

Go to "Windows Update" and choose all .NET updates available. At least .NET 2 and .NET 3.5 service packs.

What happens with FSB v2.98RC. Is the Launcher works or it crashes also. Does FST work?