Topic: cTrader and Peppestone

Nice work Popov, I'll try it tomorrow.  Btw I am starting a transition away from MT4 to cTrader, basically because I have no confidence that MetaQuotes care about my best interests as a trader.  This has been building for a while due to the fiasco that is MT5, but what really got me to move was their recent build 500 with its pre-emptive strike against 3rd party service providers such as MT4i and myfxbook.

If other traders do the same and a growing tide shifts towards cTrader, which is a far superior platform to MT4 anyway, it might be something to consider with FST.  cTrader happens to be C# based as well, with open APIs.   Just thought I'd mention it smile

Re: cTrader and Peppestone

I have had not trouble with MT4 or myfxbook, I run a lot of ea's and no difficulties with the MT4 whatsoever.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

3 (edited by slipshod 2013-05-31 16:12:30)

Really?  Consider yourself lucky - build 500 of MT4 shutdown myfxbook's auto-update feature and locked out many traders using FPS's (read http://www.myfxbook.com/community/gener … e/556831,1, and get a taste of MetaQuotes' attitude here: http://forum.mql4.com/55860).

It looks like MetaQuotes have decided they want to provide some of the services that MT4i and myfxbook (and others) were offering, so they kill off the competition rather than work with them & don't care whether traders used those 3rd party services or not.  I can't trust my means of making a living with a company that makes such self-interested, arrogant and capricious decisions.

slipshod wrote:

Nice work Popov, I'll try it tomorrow.  Btw I am starting a transition away from MT4 to cTrader, basically because I have no confidence that MetaQuotes care about my best interests as a trader.  This has been building for a while due to the fiasco that is MT5, but what really got me to move was their recent build 500 with its pre-emptive strike against 3rd party service providers such as MT4i and myfxbook.

If other traders do the same and a growing tide shifts towards cTrader, which is a far superior platform to MT4 anyway, it might be something to consider with FST.  cTrader happens to be C# based as well, with open APIs.   Just thought I'd mention it smile

Hey Slipshod,

It's OT, but what makes cTrader distinctively better than MT?

Its designed for true ECN brokers, not market makers.  There's no way for the price or spread to be manipulated by the broker when the orders are placed, they go straight through.  They also have an open, published API at both server and client level, and the cTrader folk are working to add support for 3rd parties like myfxbook (unlike MetaQuotes who want to stamp them out).  The user interface is efficient, fast and powerful and indicators/EAs are developed in a real programming language (C#).

There's plenty of reviews around if you want to read further, and quite a few brokers that offer it now.  I'm running demos with IC Markets and am waiting for Pepperstone to support it (apparently coming very soon).

Sorry for derailing the thread btw.

ts designed for true ECN brokers, not market makers.  There's no way for the price or spread to be manipulated by the broker when the orders are placed, they go straight through.  They also have an open, published API at both server and client level, and the cTrader folk are working to add support for 3rd parties...

Definitely I'll support everybody who wants to connect FST with cTrader.

It may be best to exercise extreme caution regarding placing funds with Pepperstone

8 (edited by slipshod 2013-05-31 16:52:22)

Why so?  I'm aware of a dispute they had several months ago with a trader who exploited a mistake they'd made setting the swap rate of a currency (he set up an arbitrage EA and made over $100k in quick time), but haven't heard anything else untoward about them.  I've had a live account with them for 2 years with no problems (but they're not my only broker).  If you've heard something untoward about them please let me know!

You need only to use google

10 (edited by slipshod 2013-05-31 17:17:10)

Hmm  ... seems there's been a scare about them being insolvent, but other people have reported no problems making withdrawals recently.  I'll make a withdrawal anyway just to be sure - thanks.

I've seen all sorts of fear campaigns run against this broker over the last couple of years, none of which have had any substance & look to have been dirty tricks being played by competitors.  Not saying that's the case now, but it makes me wary of accepting warnings about Pepperstone on face value.

This thread's really gone OT now smile

Popov wrote:

ts designed for true ECN brokers, not market makers.  There's no way for the price or spread to be manipulated by the broker when the orders are placed, they go straight through.  They also have an open, published API at both server and client level, and the cTrader folk are working to add support for 3rd parties...

Definitely I'll support everybody who wants to connect FST with cTrader.

Thanks Popov ... Looking for alternatives my self

Just a quick update - Pepperstone processed my withdrawal request promptly with no fuss.  As far as I can tell this broker is fine.

slipshod wrote:

Just a quick update - Pepperstone processed my withdrawal request promptly with no fuss.  As far as I can tell this broker is fine.

i have the same experience. No probelm to withdraw from Pepperstone. They even sent to the way (to cc) so i hadn't pay the wire fee.

BTW I am playing with ctrader now. How difficult would be either connect FSB to it or use FSB strategies to create Ctrader strategy - it is both written in C#? right;)

tradeittt wrote:

as far as i know ctrader is more and more popular, so becomes the best option so far

Can I ask 'What facts do you have?'