Topic: Version Identity

I wonder if the version number could show and also option for auto download for updates...

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Version Identity

I made automatic update for FSB Pro. I can apply it to FSB also. If it works correctly it will silently update the program (for minor updates). If there is a major update, the program will automatically download the new installer on the user's desktop and to ask for install.

I would prefer to see it as an option rather than automatic, giving the user control of when to update. There is nothing worse than starting a program to check something out and before you get to do anything a message appears that says it is doing an update.

SpiderMan wrote:

I would prefer to see it as an option rather than automatic, giving the user control of when to update. There is nothing worse than starting a program to check something out and before you get to do anything a message appears that says it is doing an update.

Somehow optional; myself, I may like it to happen on its own, and another person may want to make a decision

An option can be added. Also the update process will be absolutely silent.

1. You start the program.
2. Updater wait for 10 seconds and checks for a update in background.
3. If there is an update, it downloads the newer version in other folder.
4. At next run, the Launcher sees that there is a new version in another folder and automatically adjust the link. It starts the newer version.

The user will not be disturbed by messages or forced to restart. It will work like Chrome browser. Stop one version, start newer. It took me one month to do it, but it works on my tests. It will allow to push silently bug fixes and minor changes.

For bigger changes, the program will ask the user to download a newer installer. The user will decide alone when to install it.

I'll demonstrate this in the next version.

I think this suits what I am looking for...... I would be pleased to let the thing download and install whatever is posted without making a decision...  some people will want a choice.