Topic: What about announcing FSB v3.0 ?

Current beta of FSB v2.91 has many changes comparing wit the last release v2.77

- new format of the indicators,
- overriding of the default indicators
- custom Top 10 sorting
- unified Optimizer and Generator criteria
- new file structure

Also I can add
- correct representation of Pips and Points (Point is always the last digit. Pips is 4th or 2nd digit). All strategy and indicator parameters to be in Pips. It will make a strategy working in the same way in 4 and 5 digit quotations.
- Automatic update (like Chrome)

All that drives me to announce the new FSB as v3.0
It will have a new forum.
Its indicators will be listed in the repo.
Its strategies will be listed in the repo.
It will be 100% compatible with FSB Pro.

Current FSB v2.77 will remain as legacy version with its strategies and indicators in the forum.

What do you think?

Please moderators and advanced user to leave a note!

It's not a final decision yet, but probably is a good step forward.

Re: What about announcing FSB v3.0 ?

I forgot to say that after finishing with FSB, I'll start working on FST.
It will also accept the new indicators format in cs and dll.

If I go to FSB v3.0, I'll announce also FST 3.0

Hey Popov,

No more ambiguity when generating and sharing systems...

Sounds great to me! smile

Have fun!

Radar  =8^)

I wonder if new forum would cause people to miss all of the valuable information in current forum, it is like a textbook for understanding what is happening. I can see reasons for new forum, however, a new person would miss the education in this forum... so maybe  have to consider how to reference current work.

Just my thoughts at this time...

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hello Pop its a nice step forward congratulate

my two cents will come from my work in branding and marketing

Now we have a new product directed to the same type pf customers , and always customers need the easy way  so my recommendations will be:  adding a completely separate part in the main forum here with a complete sub divisions discussing the new Ver3  until you complete the whole missing things needed by Users which is the real challenge these things are'' good user manual , a very detailed fsb language and coding  manual ,adding more indicators ''  after that you can separate the forum

Blaiserboy wrote:

I wonder if new forum would cause people to miss all of the valuable information in current forum, it is like a textbook for understanding what is happening. I can see reasons for new forum, however, a new person would miss the education in this forum... so maybe  have to consider how to reference current work.

Just my thoughts at this time...

I think it means just a new section, like FSB Pro has its own one. Nothing disappears. Other than that this is a good idea, changes in FSB are somewhat fundamental, so a differentation between old and new is useful.

I think it means just a new section, like FSB Pro has its own one.

Exactly that!

Popov wrote:

Also I can add
- correct representation of Pips and Points (Point is always the last digit. Pips is 4th or 2nd digit). All strategy and indicator parameters to be in Pips. It will make a strategy working in the same way in 4 and 5 digit quotations.
- Automatic update (like Chrome)

What do you think?

I agree that points should always be the last digit but I think it will be confusing having the indicator parameters in pips. I have recently come across a broker using the term pip to mean a movement in the last digit, presumably because he thought a "tick" and a "pip" were the same thing.

I think automatic updates should be optional.

because he thought a "tick" and a "pip" were the same thing.

It's exactly how FSB works now.

.net4 for only Pro version? Can use CPU optimizaitions of net4 but if i understand correctly they use different code branch.

So multi-core / net4 version will be Pro only?

I still insisty on possibility of GPU compute.

I still insisty on possibility of GPU compute.

It depends on the success of FSB Pro. If we manage to finance further development, we can think about it.

So multi-core / net4 version will be Pro only?

Yes, that's is my plan.