Topic: Oscillator if Trix

The Oscillator of Trix performs differently in FST compared with FSB. I have attached two screen shots of the same period showing the histogram.

FSB

http://s24.postimg.org/u1r9d4h41/Chart_GBPUSD_1_Hour_Forex_Strategy_Builder_201.jpg

FST

http://s23.postimg.org/p2gs1vudz/hp_blade_4_192_168_0_174_169_254_105.jpg

Any ideas?

Re: Oscillator if Trix

I had the same problem.

I have been trying to find an MT4 version to compare it with but am unable to find one.

Mq4 version would be useless I think. I looked through the code - both are identical. I think you should compare standard Trixes, if there's discrepancy also, then we have found the problem (I hope so wink ). If Trixes are fine, I'll knock up a custom version for comparison.

Hi Footon

I have found out what the problem is with this. If I increase the number of loaded bars to 2000 the indicator is then the same as in FSB. I had a very similar problem with another strategy that I was trying to trade and it didn't trade at all (see the thread "Number of Loaded Bars"). The indicator just didn't calculate and so never gave the Yes required to open the position unless I increased the number of loaded bars to 1000.

In view of this I would recommend the default setting on the number of loaded bars be increased to 2000 to overcome this problem or alternatively an error message is displayed that warns that the number of loaded bars is insufficient to calculate the indicators.

Cheers

Spiderman

Each indicator has, so called FirstBar parameter. It shows how many bars, the indicator needs in order to give its first value. I can make FST checking if the loaded bars are less than max FirstBar of all indicators.

Unfortunately FirstBar cannot guarantee that indicator is fully shaped since some indicators are using all data set.

That should work, or maybe Firstbar plus 25% would be better.

That should work, or maybe Firstbar plus 25% would be better.

Exactly what I think smile