Topic: Converting Indicators for FSB in FSB Pro Format

Tech indicators in FSB Pro are slightly different than indicators in FSB. The change is mostly in function definitions. The new format allows pushing market info in indicators which makes possible setting different time frame and symbols for the indicators in a strategy.
The new indicators work well in FSB Pro, but they are not compatible with FSB and FST. This is a major disadvantage.

I see two possibilities for dealing with this problem:
1. Maintaining two sets of indicators
2. Converting FSB and FST indicators in the new format.

I personally prefer the second option because it will simplify the future maintenance and development of the software. All existing custom indicators can be easily converted in the new format for several days.

Please share your opinion.

Re: Converting Indicators for FSB in FSB Pro Format

I definitely think the second option is the best but what about all the custom indicators written by all the third parties and the WTF indicators. Could they be converted as well?

I'll convert all published here custom indicators. I think WTF indicator can be easily converted also.

I'll make a test version of FSB with the new format and will convert some WTF indicators till the end of the week. All main indicators are already converted.
Both type of indicators must work at exactly the same way.

WTF is unnecessary, isn't it? Higher timeframe is already included in Pro.

I support the new standard for custom indis also.

WTF is unnecessary, isn't it? Higher time frame is already included in Pro.

We speak about FSB Freeware and FST.
Actually converting FSB indicators in the new format is the only way to guarantee easy development custom indicators for FSB Pro because FSB Pro will not be open source.