Topic: 5 Digit Broker

I am testing a strategy with the Forex Strategy Trader. The test in FSB was done on 4 digit prices. My broker has 5 digit. Is there any setting to enable 5 digit broker or the FST does it automatically?

Another question is: why it loads only 400 bars? The test was made on 19600 bars and therefore the indicator is showing a different value in the 400 bars history loaded by the FST.

Thank you for your answer.

Re: 5 Digit Broker

1. FST will recognize that your broker using 5 digits quotation automatically. The only thing you have to consider is that SL and TP values have to be 10 times greater. For example 50 pips SL on 4 digit quotation is equal to 500 pips SL on 5 digit quotation.

2. The number of loaded bars doesn't matter since the largest indicator period you are able to set is 200 bars.  Forex Strategy Tester doesn't make back test calculation so 400 bars are completely enough. It's possible small difference in some indicator but that should be a rare case. The indicator values will be the same in both programs if you use the same data. To do so you have to save data from your MetaTrader to the Forex Startegy Builder's Data folder.

Thank you for your quick answer. I am using the same data.

Does it also mean that a PERMANENT STOP LOSS set @ -400pips in FSB on a 4-digit historical data will be computed as a -40pips PERMANENT STOP LOSS in an FST session connected to a 5-digit broker ?

FST will send -400 pips SL as in FSB but the money value of SL will be different because of the Digits difference.

If you want to keep the SL value in money the same, you have to use 10 times larger SL. (Maximum SL you can set is 2000 pips)

It is same like in the spread: 2 pips spread in 4 Digits quotation = 20 pips in 5 Digits quotation. (in money)

I still think is something wrong with it. The Stochasttics indicator in the FSB looks totally different then the one in FST. Look at the pictures below:

FSB
http://s3.postimage.org/Zoi4J.jpg

FST
It will be in the next post due to restrictions.

For this reason it did not take any trade. Any thoughts? Thank you.

FST

http://s2.postimage.org/1yWeLr.jpg

It seams there is a bug when Smoothed MA is used.
The Stochastics value must be between 0 and 100.

I'll try to fix this till the end of the week.

Thank you for the report.

The bug was fixed. The new version will be published soon.
Other changes are removing of the Symbol and Period menus from Forex Strategy Trader.

http://s3.postimage.org/_CE_S.jpg

Hi Popov !

I will use this post to not creat another one.

I used DATA with 5 digits, but FSB was set to 4 digts.
When i simple changed FSB to 5 digits, and set the SL and TP 10 times larger the results (backtest) changed completly !  why this ?

Should not  i expect the same results ?

Acic wrote:

Hi Popov !

I will use this post to not creat another one.

I used DATA with 5 digits, but FSB was set to 4 digts.
When i simple changed FSB to 5 digits, and set the SL and TP 10 times larger the results (backtest) changed completly !  why this ?

Should not  i expect the same results ?

the results are more then 100% different !

Did you increase also the spread from 4 to 40 pips or whatever?

Popov wrote:

yes.  1,6 to 16

Acic wrote:
Popov wrote:

yes.  1,6 to 16

I think the calculations consider 5 digits and 4 digits, thats why we have different results.
When we talk about 5 digits, maybe some cross move average may be not real cross like we see on 4 digits chart.

Just to clarify, does a 4-digit broker mean 4 digits after the decimal? Or 4 digits total?

For example, would you consider 1.2933 to be four or five digits?

Your example is 4 digits.

Thanks!