Topic: Beware the Sunday Bar

I just wanted to share a problem I had when running a strategy I developed using data from one broker and running it with another broker. The strategy uses the "Top Bottom Price" opening position from the previous day as an entry. The original data was from a GMT+3 offset broker but the broker I traded it with was a GMT broker. This of course means you have a small Sunday bar which cause FST to always enter trades Mondays because it hit this small range from Top to Bottom. Of course the trades were losses!

I think this is a pertinent example of why you should always develop your strategies with data from the broker you intend to trade with.

Re: Beware the Sunday Bar

My idea is to limit the days of trading and exclude Monday  and see how strategy performs in the remaining week 4 days

Attached here popov solution for Sunday inside bar problem

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1228/ins … orrectuon/

its a hard day for all jobs not only  traders  smile

In Market menu you have Cut off San Sun data option. It may help.

[Edit]
Ops. It's in FSB. Maybe we have to do the same in FST also.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

My idea is to limit the days of trading and exclude Monday  and see how strategy performs in the remaining week 4 days

That's not a bad idea, especially if the entry point includes indicators which always get messed up when there is a gap opening.

Popov wrote:

In Market menu you have Cut off San Sun data option. It may help.

[Edit]
Ops. It's in FSB. Maybe we have to do the same in FST also.

I am very wary of modifying the raw data. I used the option "fill in data gaps" once and learned my lesson. The trouble is, you are then building a strategy with data that is not real. Better to modify the logical conditions to handle the real data then modify the data.