1 (edited by nikolaevich 2013-02-13 18:18:54)

Topic: Doesn't close a position

Hello! FST doesn't close a position. I look on FSB long ago it has to be closed, the following positions further are executed. And in FST hangs doesn't close. Quotation the same. In the adviser everything is adjusted to trade in long and short, he opens correctly, but doesn't close. Such any more for the first time. Closing conditions: point - bar close, one MACD indicator. Journal of the terminal and FST doesn't show any errors

Re: Doesn't close a position

My suggestion is that you post your adviser so that someone can have a look at it in order to see how the error arises.

There are quite a few people in the forum who will be glad to find an error for you.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

3 (edited by nikolaevich 2013-02-13 20:04:46)

Blaiserboy wrote:

My suggestion is that you post your adviser so that someone can have a look at it in order to see how the error arises.

There are quite a few people in the forum who will be glad to find an error for you.

In volume and a question there is no errors. I tried to compare. How such divergence to explain? At identical quotations.

Post's attachments

1.jpg 112.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

MACD periods are very close each other. 163, 164, 153.
As you see chart shows zero values of MACD lines. It's because MA delta is very small.
They may go below sigma value. Default  Sigma is 0.000005. It makes signals not reliable in such a case.
It means that you base your trade on a very small fluctuation of MACD lines.

I suggest you to set MACD parameters nearer to their default values.

EDIT:
Further to that, the difference between MACD values in FST and FSB comes because the different count of bars loaded in the charts.
Your MACD uses Weighted and Exponential MAs. These MAs theoretically depends on all prices from the beginning of the chart. The differences should be small enough to not affect signals, but in your case, it seams happens exactly that.

If I correctly understood, distinction arises from with number of the loaded bars. At the time of screenshot the number of bars was identical on graphics of metatrader and in fsb, 34448, I thought this number of bars enough. Can be in that that FST takes a certain number of bars. It turns out indicators with big reodes with need for bigger history will give incorrect signals? Concerning the close periods I agree, it isn't reliable

Can be in that that FST takes a certain number of bars.

Yes, it can be a reason.
You can set minimum bars that FST loads.

http://i.imgur.com/vTR7BFy.png