Topic: How to get FSB to test strategy

I have just recently learned about FSB and I am having some difficulty getting the program to test my theory.  I have checked all of the help sections and read through the website, but I am having trouble figuring it out!  I currently have all of my parameters set up in order to test them against the EUR/USD in the the 1 hour time frame but I cannot figure out how to get the program to run.  Please help!

Re: How to get FSB to test strategy

Hi,
I'm little bit confused of this "I cannot figure out how to get the program to run". Is the program running?

If you can choose the symbol and the time frame and if you can set the indicators, that means the program is running well.
What exactly is bothering you? Don't hesitate to ask.

I can set all of my logic parameters and I can select the proper time period and currency.  The problem I am having is actually getting the program to run my parameters to actually see if the strategy would be profitable. In other words I don't know how to initiate the program and get it to test the parameters I have set.

Hi,
I've been asked this question before. It seams this matter is still confusing.
There was a "Calculate" button on the first public version of FSB. It was necessary to press it in order to force the back test.

Forex Strategy Builder calculates a strategy for less than a  second. So we removed the "Calculate" button. The program performs instant calculation now. Every time you change something in the strategy or in the trading conditions (symbol, period, spread ...) the program recalculates the strategy at once. You always have a calculated strategy. The results, charts, journals are recalculated every time you change something. 

There is also a short key (F5) that forces recalculation. You can press it to be sure but this is not necessary.

Hello everybody. I am reading some articles to try to understand everything about forex, and this is not an easy business!  Anyway, I want to know what exactly the options that people have in forex are.  I am sorry, but I need to learn and maybe you have the experience. Thank you.

Benjamin1 wrote:

Hello everybody. I am reading some articles to try to understand everything about forex, and this is not an easy business!  Anyway, I want to know what exactly the options that people have in forex are.  I am sorry, but I need to learn and maybe you have the experience. Thank you.

You ask about options in Forex, I think those are win or lose money. All I can say is that it is not enough just read articles, off course it is part of the learning process. I recommend you the babypips course to make a good start and then get a demo account to practice and touch the real market. Step by step you can get the aims in here. So be patient.

Well, it seems like you are right.  So, I’m going to check babypips course to be a little bit more prepared.  Now, you mentioned a demo account. Where can I get a good one? Thank you for your helpful information. Greetings.

Benjamin1 wrote:

Well, it seems like you are right.  So, I’m going to check babypips course to be a little bit more prepared.  Now, you mentioned a demo account. Where can I get a good one? Thank you for your helpful information. Greetings.

Well, Benjamin, all I can say is about the Demo I got because I don’t have any experience with other, That is MT4 I started with it some months ago and I think it is good, you can download it from any broker you want, off course try to look for a good broker because it is going to be your support.