Topic: Limiting Strategy Generator's Search Depth

If i understand it right, Generator also tests a range of values in the indicators. Is there a way to limit Strategy Generator not to test any values more than i set?

Say, i want Moving Average to have max testing  period of 1-50 range, not the 1-200 range. Or changing  around %10 limit of default  value. Is it possible to limit Generator / SFB in this way?

Re: Limiting Strategy Generator's Search Depth

Initially I would suggest using the optimizer to experiment as you can set the limits in there.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

kukreknecmi wrote:

If i understand it right, Generator also tests a range of values in the indicators. Is there a way to limit Strategy Generator not to test any values more than i set?

Say, i want Moving Average to have max testing  period of 1-50 range, not the 1-200 range. Or changing  around %10 limit of default  value. Is it possible to limit Generator / SFB in this way?

Hello
Its one of my old wishes here smile still not come true , but i partially solved that problem by making a copy from all original indicators converting it to custom indicators and change the values from 200 to whatever you like  for me i limit it up to 20 only smile  then put your custom indicators in custom indicators folder and donot forget to deactivate the original indicators

Regards

Thx for reply i thought that too, felt a bit time consuming if i want to change range few times and wanted to ask if there is another way.