Topic: Testing on M1

Hi,

Is there any way I can test a M1 strategy over a longer period of time than the 5000 bars or maybe just test it on another 5000 bars in another year because the strategy I'm working on looks profitable but I'm afraid that it has been just optimized for the 3 months the FSB tests it on. 

Regards

Re: Testing on M1

Werries wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can test a M1 strategy over a longer period of time than the 5000 bars or maybe just test it on another 5000 bars in another year because the strategy I'm working on looks profitable but I'm afraid that it has been just optimized for the 3 months the FSB tests it on. 

Regards

Of course there is a way.
A. more bars - go to Market/Data horizont and increase maximum number of bars
b. another time period - set up the min max date on the same screen

FSB has limit of 50 000 bars by default - you can change it by editing the system file in FSB system folder. IMHO you should edit it only when you know what you are doing

Hi Werries,
Did you try changing data horizon in Main menu -> Market?

If I move the time frame with data horizon it gives me an error and if I change the maximum to 100,000 bars in the system folder and then FSB it makes no difference to the data it uses,  sorry I'm new to FSB.

What is error message you see?

Werries wrote:

If I move the time frame with data horizon it gives me an error and if I change the maximum to 100,000 bars in the system folder and then FSB it makes no difference to the data it uses,  sorry I'm new to FSB.

Ok I got it working shifting the data horizon, must I download more EUR/USD data or is the initial data good quality?