Topic: 'FST Connected' in MT4, but FST shows no connection

Hi, just a quick (hopefully) connection issue.

MT4 is showing connection- When I boot up FST, MT4 will do the environment test etc. and show a good connection to FST. FST however is showing 'Not Connected,' and start automatic execution is grayed out.

I've tried logging in and out of both several times but to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: 'FST Connected' in MT4, but FST shows no connection

EAs enabled?

Problem solved.  Yeah I double checked the EA's and they were enabled. Ran a full re-install and that did the trick. Maybe I had some files/locations mixed up somewhere. Thanks footon.

Happy to help out, but not much help from me apparently  big_smile

Hallo i have a 5 digits Acound and i instal the FST on PC and the expert in MT4 .  On the chart is the smilie right and on the left korner he wrigts is conectet bacause in the FST is not conectet what can i do ? Have anywer an idea!   Pleace help me

Have a look at this topic and the video in the link.

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3472/how-do-i-add-mt4fst-expert-to-my-mt4/

Thanks man I looket the video and kontrolt the steps, the expert and Dll is on the right place .FST Connected' in MT4, but FST shows no connection . I dont see whats go wrong ?
Have Anywon experience with ActivTrades Broker ?

post a screenshot of your FST and MT.

Gold wrote:

Thanks man I looket the video and kontrolt the steps, the expert and Dll is on the right place .FST Connected' in MT4, but FST shows no connection . I dont see whats go wrong ?
Have Anywon experience with ActivTrades Broker ?

Hi,

go to MT4, right click on symbol list and click show all.
Then verify that currency name is the same MT4 vs. FST
Quite often Broker has more than 1 name for the pair but only 1 is active.
If you see duplicate in symbol list like EURUSD vs. EURUSD. vs. EURUSD
try to open cgart with this different symbol names and attach mt4 fst expert to it.

thanks i dont find anything wrong, i use the data in the FSB do tests and i have no proplems with ther .
togr maby you have an other idea ?
:-)

Gold, if you've checked all your settings and they are Ok, you've loaded your strategy in FST  and that is OK, as Footon say's post a screenshot of your FST and MT and someone will have a look at it to see if there is anything obvious you've missed.

12 (edited by Gold 2012-08-27 16:33:26)

is it rigtht ?can you see anything ?
I compile the codes in the Metaeditor , maybie its a proplem withe 5 digits ?

Post's attachments

MT4 FST.jpg 130.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Seems ok. What if you try with ID connection, enable multiple copies in FST and then set the expert up with a ID number and try FST with it.

14 (edited by Gold 2012-08-27 17:12:58)

I dont use  it on multiple chart  i know i need every chart a new number likes magic number
that is not the proplem mabye you see of this pictur what gos wrong .
thanks very much footon
i testet it with id number 100 on expert and FST  :-(  I dont uderstand it , i use the FST befor on  icm brocker and we have no proplems but  on the Activtrades brocker  he looks impsible .
The conection looks ok but he dont transfer any data crazy .
Pleace need help

Post's attachments

Navigator +experts libraries.jpg 87.33 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Gold, might be wrong but your MT4-FST Expert.mq4 looks to be in your indicators folder but it should be in your experts folder.

sorrey thats ok
thanks for helping  Jagmanmick

17 (edited by wilson78 2012-08-28 16:59:44)

I faced similar problem in which MT4 shows connected but FST shows "Not Connected". Tried all of the above but not successful. I even reinstalled MT4 a couple of times and still can't make it to work.

Finally, I uninstalled FST completely and then reinstalled FST, which finally solved the problem. It seems that when we installed new version of FST, we have to uninstall and remove earlier version of FST first so that it can have a clean and complete installation...

Worth a try if you are still struggling with other solutions.

Good luck ;-)

Edited: Hm... too early to make any conclusion. My fist copy of FST is connected but the second copy of the FST is not working ;-( it shows "Not Connected" when MT4 shows "Connected". Checked the connection ID and it's correct. Really don't know what went wrong... may need to revert back to earlier version of FST..

Another option when you are running a single FST without multiple copies enabled is you have added expert to more than one MT chart so check all charts and delete them off those charts you are not using if you have.
Would it be a good idea to have a troubleshooting section so any problems encountered and resolutions could be added.
Mick

Jagmanmick wrote:

Would it be a good idea to have a troubleshooting section so any problems encountered and resolutions could be added.
Mick

That's a good idea, it should be done in my opinion, considering the flood of problems users are experiencing.

MT stores a cache in "Compatibility files" location. You have to go there and to delete mqlcache.dat, MT4-FST Expert.ex4 and MT4-FST Expert.mq4.
The same is for the dll. Go to MT4DIR\experts\libraries, delete MT4-FST Library.dll. Press "Compatibility files" button on folder's tool bar. and delete mqlcache.dat.

http://i.imgur.com/7GF4H.png

http://i.imgur.com/WdBre.png

Reinstall expert and dll after that.

Dear Popov and all,

I've tried all the method mentioned above. FST is still show not connect while MT4 (Vantage FX) shows connected.

I've tried below methods:

1. Delete cache files from MT4 compatibility files and reinstall MT4 and FST. Switch to single instance. MT4 connected but FST not connected.

2. Roll back to previous version of FST. MT4 connected but FST not connected.

3. Full removal of MT4 (Vantage Fx) and FST. And then fresh installation of latest MT4 and FST. MT4 connected but FST not connected.

One interesting finding is that my demo Oanda MT4 is doing perfectly fine. Can run multiple copies of FST without any problem. This lead me to wonder that something is wrong is VantageFX MT4 copy that I have. My VantageFX version is 4.00, build 432, 23 Aug 2012. Any other suggestions?

Thank you all.

Cheers.

I just installed demo of VantageFX MT4 build 432 and FST works perfectly fine.

If you want, I can try to help you remotely. A donation of your choice will be required, if I fix the problem and there is no bug in FST. To proceed, send me "Windows Remote Assistance" request to PM.

23 (edited by tcanuto 2012-10-04 16:31:37)

I am also having the same problem on my VPS. Downloaded today the FST.
Pepperstone Broker
Build 438
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
FST not connected, but MT4 connected and active in the EA.
In this case what do I do?

Also happened the same problem on my Windows 7 laptop.

I managed to make it work by setting the FST in autoboot from VPS, but looks like it has something wrong. See on the image.

What's going on? Is this normal?

http://s16.postimage.org/8pfv0myv5/Problem_FST.jpg

tcanuto wrote:

I managed to make it work by setting the FST in autoboot from VPS, but looks like it has something wrong. See on the image.

What's going on? Is this normal?

http://s16.postimage.org/8pfv0myv5/Problem_FST.jpg

Doesn't seem to be normal. You have three different instances of MT running, maybe that's your problem?

Try starting with only one, and see what  difference it makes. When using more MT instances, make sure you have different connection IDs and expert magics.