1 (edited by Mickaelfx 2012-07-27 14:05:09)

Topic: Ichimoku Technique

Hi all,

Back on this forum as I'm testing the ichimoku indicator with some nice goods manuals trades:
http://www.myfxbook.com/fr/members/Mick … hod/344242

I did start just few weeks ago so a backtest would be welcome.
The thing is that I don't know how to set up " chikou span cross the kumo cloud".
( There's just the CS above the closing price)

Furthermore, it's usefull to know about the ichimoku on the higher timeframes.
I mean If Chikou span H4 cross the cloud, then enter on H1 for instance.
Also, there is only one exit possible with ichimoku currently.Would it be possible to exit when tenkan sen cross kijun sen or whatever we want.

Thanks for your help
Mickael

Re: Ichimoku Technique

re exits

you might try to have two or three ichimoku indicators set up in the closing logic area, put the chain on each to allow FSB to find appropriate exits.

(To put the 'chain' on, once you have the indicator in the closing logic area, then open the generator. click on the indicator and you will see the lock, click on it again and you will see the chain...  the chain allows FSB to explore whatever options in the indicator for your purpose, and the indicator will not be removed or replaced.)

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Ichimoku Technique

Back after many tries, I do not succeed to have neither an ichimoku strategy based on the chikou span cross, nor to set another ichimoku based on higher timeframe.
It would be great to set one ichimoku based ont its own rules but only if another ichimoku on a higher timeframe would confirm the trend.

Perhaps it could be added to the latest FSB version?

Thanks

Blaiserboy wrote:

re exits

you might try to have two or three ichimoku indicators set up in the closing logic area, put the chain on each to allow FSB to find appropriate exits.

(To put the 'chain' on, once you have the indicator in the closing logic area, then open the generator. click on the indicator and you will see the lock, click on it again and you will see the chain...  the chain allows FSB to explore whatever options in the indicator for your purpose, and the indicator will not be removed or replaced.)