Topic: Export function in FSB

Is it possible to alter the output format of export function in FSB? I would like to see something else than .xls format as it can be opened only with excel but not with other spreadsheet programs, such as openoffice calc (.ods format).

Thanks!

Re: Export function in FSB

I'm also using Open Office (now Libre Office) for documents but I have no experience with formatting .ods docs from .NET. As I know there are commercial dlls for exporting spreadsheets but we cannot use them in open source.

In that connection, please excuse me for my absence these days. I'm working hard now on next general release of FSB. It will allow easy and dynamically loading modules. It will be much easier to expand FSB without touching the core application. I'll provide some kind of interface for importing and exporting data, so it will be very easy to add functionality to the program with dropping a module in the program's folder.

I'll made an overview of my goals soon.

Thanks for the reply and no need for excuses!

It doesn't have to be .ods, it could be .csv too!

footon wrote:

The file is not in xls format, it has only filename .xls.

I believe you can rename it to .csv and open.
http://s11.postimage.org/6p4fdk27j/format.jpg

togr wrote:
footon wrote:

The file is not in xls format, it has only filename .xls.

I believe you can rename it to .csv and open.
http://s11.postimage.org/6p4fdk27j/format.jpg

big_smile
It did open up ok, thanks Togr!

Before I found an online converter (xls to csv), now I just have to rename it, thanks again!
Thumb up.

Hmm. These files was always available for opening in OpenOffice and Excel smile .
I thought you want to export charts, graphics and tables with excel formulas from FSB smile