Topic: Awaiting orders to eliminate slippage

Hi,
as all orders that are send from FST, are made after the signal took place, all transactions have slippage, so we will never match 100% backtesting between FST <-> FSB.
Would it be possible at least for some indicators (like TopBottom, Pivot points, Donchian Ch.) to add possibility to post awaiting order, instead of taking the action after reaching the (known before) signal?

I know that`s significant `t change, but maybe it can make significant difference in profits ?

Re: Awaiting orders to eliminate slippage

FST and FSB calculate the exact order size at the the moment of sending the order especially when we have adding or adding on profit only. There is no easy way to do that at the moment. I considered such behavior when designing FST, but finally dropped it.

Most probably we do not have more slippage comparing with a general expert adviser. FST receives tick, send data to FST, FST calculates the strategy and returns signal back to FST for average time 80 milliseconds. This means that MT sends order most probably with the next tick at even at the same tick some times. I don't think we lose too much slippage.

For some strategies (counter trend, when we enter against the market move) eventual slippage can be even in our favor.

We can easily make a slippage meter script to calculate the eventual loss.

I`m not talking about slippage added by FST, it`s rather broker slippage. Many times I experience it, specially where there are some 'news' on the market, that execution of transaction takes even 30 sec, and MT4 freezes. And when the transaction comes to place, it`s very far from the point we send it.

I guess it`s hurting mostly systems that are based on reaching specific price level.
Yes, probably the idea was not easy to implement.

Does broker will execute precisely pending order during news?

I guess it may depends on Broker, but on my broker, pending orders are executed at fixed price.

acerguest wrote:

I guess it may depend on Broker, but on my broker, pending orders are executed at fixed price.

I've understood brokers like pending orders, I've heard one broker even reduces trading costs if you trade by placing mainly pending orders.

Popov wrote:

For some strategies (counter trend, when we enter against the market move) eventual slippage can be even in our favor.

I'm yet to see a broker who allows positive slippage... FXDD has been charged as of late for not opening trades (requote) if positive slippage is +2 pips in favour of the trader.

Popov wrote:

I'm yet to see a broker who allows positive slippage... FXDD has been charged as of late for not opening trades (requote) if positive slippage is +2 pips in favour of the trader.

I mean slippage as a result of delay due to time lost for communication between FST and MT4. Expert sends market orders at the current Bid / Ask at the time of sending the order and not at the time of sending info to FST. So if we have a positive "slippage" for that 80 milliseconds, it will be in our favor.

Operation with pending order will be natural for FSB strategies since it aims for sending entry orders at bar opening. An eventual realization with pending orders must send pending orders at every bar and cancel and resend corrected ones when needed.

8 (edited by ldnfx 2012-07-24 20:38:45)

so, in short how we may place buy limit order (not instant market execution order) after "bar closing" + 2 pips?

ldnfx wrote:

so, in short how we may place buy limit order (not instant market execution order) after "bar closing" + 2 pips?

FST searches all orders for the same symbol and magic number. If it finds such orders, it will report an error.
If you want to place pending order,s you'll need of a major rewrite of the expert.