Topic: Change the number of loaded bars and easy way to search forum

I am connected to MT4, but there is a max of 586 bars loaded for an M5 chart. How do I increase the number of bars. I am currently connected to an Oanda practice acct.

Is anyone successfully trading FST with Oanda?

Is there a way to search the forum? I have to click through all posts to maybe find answers to questions?

Re: Change the number of loaded bars and easy way to search forum

http://forexsb.com/forum/search/

http://forexsb.com/wiki/fst/manual/trade_settings

About the Oanda trading.
I`m testing it, but I`m experiencing a lot of problems, probably because of FIFO obligation. Not sure if FST is prepared for it ?

Thanks Footon. I didn't see the search because I always used the forum while not registered.

Acerguest,
I did setup an oanda practice account yesterday and the strategy placed some trades last night successfully. Today I setup a live acct with FST using the same strategy, so I have both running concurrently. I will let you know if I experience any issues.

I did notice that on the MT4 chart, the connection constantly flops between "connected with FST" and "not connected". It typically happens 1-2 times a second, but does not seem to effect trading yet. Since this is my first time trading with MT4 I don't know the default/expected behavior.

I did notice that on the MT4 chart, the connection constantly flops between "connected with FST" and "not connected". It typically happens 1-2 times a second, but does not seem to effect trading yet.

This is not good. You have to find and eliminate the reason. Most probably duplicated Connection ID numbers on different charts.

You have to stop trading until you establish a uninterrupted connection.

A comment on the number of bars.

I noticed that for some indicators 400 bars with long periods is not enough. One example is the trix oscillator with a period of 140, the chart is different between FST and FSB

Thanks for the advice Popov. It did end up affecting trading (but luckily it was in the demo account). I eventually figured out the problem was not enough processing power or memory. I had everything setup on an amazon AWS server. In case it helps anyone, I was using an m1.medium (medium instance), which was not powerful enough to handle the program. A large instance (m1.large) has been working good so far.

Acerguest, I am assuming based on your FIFO comment that you are running multiple strategies. One way around this is to setup subaccounts, which is easy with OANDA, and run a strategy on each account. I know this would have an impact  on equity requirements etc, but just a thought.