Topic: ROC failure??

i tried several times the ROC indicator Rate of change
eg The ROC crosses the level line upwards hould mean when the curve passes the set upper levelline eg 1,0004 coming from downwards in this moment the trade  for buy should be triggered But the programm triggers completely different A buy is already allowed below that levelline and also above Is there any bug in it or did i wrong??
thks for clearance

Re: ROC failure??

Please post the indicator chart showing the situation and we can look at it.

Screenshot of the strategy would be helpful too.

What i don't understand on the right side of the graph are the current values shown according to the cursorposition but the graph itself should also show the value of ROC Why are these values not the same
Eg the graüh shows on 10.06. 17:00 about 0.0009 while the corresponding value on the right side states 1.00152 which is much higher. Isn't the curve on the ROC indicator showing the ROC value??

Post's attachments

Snap_2012.06.20 13.28.14_001.png
Snap_2012.06.20 13.28.14_001.png 48.61 kb, 1 downloads since 2012-06-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

What I can see at 1700:
Graph = value is > 1,0008
Bar info = value is 1,00152

Question = is 1,00152 bigger than 1,0008?
Answer = Yes.

Does this help you to understand?

but i have set it should trigger when crossing the levelline upwarts. After crossing buying should be disabled isn't it ? Another point is that it also allows to go short as the curve falls but should be only allowed after the value of the lower level line
Maybe you check yourself on a GBPUSD 1H curve  ROC crosses the levelline upwards

Given the chart, long condition (crosses 1,0008 up) is satisfied from 1800 bar.

Bar 1796

Why is in this ecample a sell trade allowed This i don't understand because the ROC is set to crossing the upper levelline upwarts
For sell signal it should be correspondingly crossing the lower levelline downwarts But at this time the lower levelline has not been touched yet.
sorry the uploud of graphic did not work

Post's attachments

Snap_2012.06.20 17.04.13_005.png 97.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Othello wrote:

Bar 1796

Why is in this ecample a sell trade allowed This i don't understand because the ROC is set to crossing the upper levelline upwarts
For sell signal it should be correspondingly crossing the lower levelline downwarts But at this time the lower levelline has not been touched yet.
sorry the uploud of graphic did not work

Because it crossed lower level line downwards.

Try again the upload of the graph for before post
i have to do in two posts program does accept only one upload
see next post for datas

Post's attachments

Snap_2012.06.20 19.06.57_006.png
Snap_2012.06.20 19.06.57_006.png 23.92 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Try again the upload of the graph for before post
i have to do in two posts program does accept only one upload
see post before

Post's attachments

Snap_2012.06.20 19.08.43_007.png
Snap_2012.06.20 19.08.43_007.png 42.64 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

see also above posts
here the indicator setting of ROC
for me it does not match together
it is only a buy sell allowed when crossing the levelline not before and ot after and not at all on the uper area a sell signal

Post's attachments

Snap_2012.06.20 19.21.04_009.png
Snap_2012.06.20 19.21.04_009.png 25.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

belonag to the series before
ROC Logic states that at the marked point a sell signal must not be triggered

Post's attachments

Snap_2012.06.20 19.31.58_011.png
Snap_2012.06.20 19.31.58_011.png 40.31 kb, 1 downloads since 2012-06-20 

First of all thank you for the comprehensive report! Really good outline of your problem, I wish everyone would be so thorough smile

Now to the issue - sell order is perfectly normal as it crosses the lower level downward! You have to consider previous bar value (PBV), at 1500 it crosses lower down, so at 1600 it is a sell. At 1600 it crosses level up, so it is a buy at 1700. It is all ok and fine.

Read more about PBV here: http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsb/manual/use_ … _bar_value

tks for your comment
I tried now without previous bar value and still the same result On this particular bar 1796 it still shows a sell signal which i donot understand why since the roc value also show higher than the set value for selllevel
If i do not undrstand the function i can not us the indicator that is why i trie to understand its working function
Can you please line out a bit more detailed why this indicator works in this way eben with previous bar value off

Othello wrote:

Can you please line out a bit more detailed why this indicator works in this way eben with previous bar value off

It works fine with PBV on, it works as expected with PBV off is all I can outline in detail.

Shot below is with the same logics, same levels as you posted above, but with PBV off. As you can see for yourself everything happens in the same bar:

http://s18.postimage.org/s7bpge4bp/roc.jpg

in your example it works fine not so in mine Can you give me please your exact settings of all relevant parameters so i can rebuild your example

Bar opening -> Rate of Change crosses the level 1,0008 upwards -> Bar closing, PBV off.

Hello
i thank you all togeter for your help i got the problem now it is working fine now the point was the previous bar value did missadjust everything so i could not follow the operation