1 (edited by Popov 2012-06-12 00:01:28)

Topic: FSB v2.71 Nightly Build

Download link: [EDIT]Removed. See below for newer version[/EDIT]

FSBv2.71.1.0NB.exe

Nightly Build:
- Correction of Display Bug with MetaTrader4 Error Message;
- Added monitoring of Strategy directory for new files option. Contributed by Adam Burgess;
- Added Italian translation contributed by Sombrero55;
- Added data import from TrueFX contributed by Acerguest.

Notes:
TrueFX import is not tested by me.
Please report notted issues.

EDIT: Link corrected

Re: FSB v2.71 Nightly Build

Dear Popov
could you make the generator keep more than 10 strategies also add a check box beside each strategy among top X strategies this option will allow us to check what strategies needed to be saved

regards

It's a good idea. I can add [Save Top 10] that will save all strategies with an index after the name. Other option is to make "right click save as" command.

Also Save As option to the main Generator commands will be useful. So that a user can save currently generated strategy and continue generating.

For the next nightly build I'll add a link to the Credits page from About window and a Legend to Over-optimization Chart.

New phrases have to be added to the language files also.

4 (edited by Popov 2012-07-07 07:59:23)

FSB v 2.71.2.0 Nightly Build prepared 

Download link: Removed

Code uploaded to GitHub

Changes:
- Added Credits and Contributors link to About Screen.
- Added a Legend to Overoptimization Chart.
- Corrected language files with the new phrases.

http://i.imgur.com/nzzik.png

Note:

Please check language files and translate the new phrases.
Please check TrueFX data import.

I still cannot register to TrueFX in order to test their data files.
Do you have better luck?

With the Over-optimisation chart, why does the x-axis decrease in value from the left hand side?

X axis shows deviation in percents of the numeric values of the indicators.
Lets say we have an MA with period of 100.
Cross points between X and Y will show the balance for the starting value of MA (100).
Value of MA will increase to the left and decrease to the right up to 20%. (from 120 to 80)
The chart line for MA Period will show how Balance changes for the corresponding MA Period.

Popov wrote:

X axis shows deviation in percents of the numeric values of the indicators.
Lets say we have an MA with period of 100.
Cross points between X and Y will show the balance for the starting value of MA (100).
Value of MA will increase to the left and decrease to the right up to 20%. (from 120 to 80)
The chart line for MA Period will show how Balance changes for the corresponding MA Period.

Yes, but it would seem more logical to have the x-axis the other way round, i.e. as you decrease the value of MA it will will decrease to the left up to 20% and as you increase the value of MA it will will increase to the right up to 20%. (from 80 to 120)

Yes, I understood what you mean.
Chart must be flipped horizontally.
Also indicator names has to be shown as they are shown in the optimizer.
Currently only 8 hours are available fir the chart lines. We can make the chars after the eight dotted. Or we can add On/Off check boxes for each parameter.

Popov wrote:

I still cannot register to TrueFX in order to test their data files.
Do you have better luck?

I also had an issue with registering to TrueFX with my standard email, I need to use my gmail account, only then registration mail was delivered.

Acerguest, you are right. I successfully registered and downloaded data using gmail email.

I'll test why TrueFX import doesn't working.

FSB v 2.71.3.0 Nightly Build prepared 

Download link: FSBv2.71.3NB.exe

Code uploaded to GitHub

Changes:
  * Fixed TrueFX data import.
  * Flipped Over-optimization chart horizontally, so that X axes values rise to the right.

http://i.imgur.com/IQiKE.png

popove
could you separate the "only use default numeric values" into two options " normal numeric values" and the shift numeric values !!!!!

I intend to publish FSB v 2.71.3.0 Nightly Build as a final release on next Wednesday.

Do you think it needs of some touch up or fixes?