Topic: FSB Projects – Idea

What do you think to add a “projects” feature to FSB?
Its purpose will be to collect individual settings, data files and strategies for different brokers or accounts.
The files will be stored in a “FSB Projects” folder in My Documents. I think to add there separate folders for each project like this:

FSB Projects
   - FXCM Demo
       - Data
       - Startegies
       - Settings
   - FXCM Live
       - Data
       - Startegies
       - Settings

When we are not in a particular project, FSB will act as now.
When we open a project, all defaults will be loaded from the project settings.

Projects will concern the complete behavior of FSB including market data and market settings, Data Horizon, Color schemes...

It will be able to open different FSB copies with  different projects and to save individual settings for each of them.

A starting screen will show last used projects and strategies and out_of_project strategies....

Any comments?

Re: FSB Projects – Idea

It will be a nice feature also to extend that feature by allowing to retest some strategies inbetween different brokers " for example if we have created a profitable strategy using daily data from fxcm and we want to see if the same results will be profitable using different platform " also to see if the same results between live and demo accounts for the same broker

Yes. I think to add "Save to Project" option in file menu where the existing projects will be listed. It will save the strategy to "Strategy" folder of the selected project.

also to make the account information like spread commissions and so on a broker specific not to add them every time when test inbetween brokers

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

also to make the account information like spread commissions and so on a broker specific not to add them every time when test inbetween brokers

Exactly! A project will represent a broker or an account state.

Hi Popov,

I like the idea!

Would it be designed so that we can easily package a project to share with others?

Best,
Merlin

It will be possible to zip the project folder together with all data files, settings and the strategies. It must be enough for full reproduction of the testing environment and the results.

Has any work commenced on the implementation of this concept?  I feel that this would be an awesome feature to add to the project and can look at how this may be implemented if you like (and assuming that you have not already built the code of course).

Hello Ab,
I haven't work on that matter yet. You can do it if you have time.

10 (edited by Spy'n'Trade 2012-08-26 09:30:36)

My bad, only reading that thread now, a bit late, but:

we all (i suppose) have seen our broker(s) badly playing with the official rules against the opened positions and/or shortly refusing opening new orders. For example my broker, time to time, is doing requotes (even if he is claiming never doing so) and/or shortly disconnect the account.
That's it, and it generally happened on some critical peaks, even when high news are not around.

So i'm dreaming of a real time script running in the background to build some statistics. Then they should be usefull for detecting short coming high risks zones, giving us the time to set stoploss closer and/or to open pending expiry orders.

It's easier to play a game when the rules (all, even the hidden ones) are known.

I'm actively working on next major update. It will be with a modular design and will be far easier for expanding than now.

It will be like that:

// Some other block of code, not connected to the others.
class BrokerSpy
{
    // Constructor
    public BrokerSpy()
    {
         // We are registering a method that will be executed
         // when a message with "Tick" tag was broadcasted 
         RegisterToMessageWith(OnTick, "Tick");
    }

// This method will be called when there is a new "Tick" message
    private void OnTick()
    {