Topic: BUG: Import MT4 HST files, Out Of Memory Exception

FSB 2.70.0.0
Operating System XP

http://s16.postimage.org/r4dydeigh/bug1.jpg

The image isn't very readable sad

It says

Import EURJPY1 ... Error [Exception of type 'SystemOutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]

Seems to happen on lots of the M1 timeframes where the data lengths are pretty long.

Re: BUG: Import MT4 HST files, Out Of Memory Exception

dabbler,

Would you be able to make a demonstration file available please?  The MT4 data import was my submission but I have not been able to fault it with any of my data files.  I will PM you my email address, but if you have no way of getting these files to me (due to size), please let me know and I will provide a secure location for upload.

ab

The HST files are pretty big. EURJPY1.hst is 62,352KB and that is a small one! My biggest one is EURUSD1.hst at 184,415KB. I don't think they will email nicely smile

I would think the easiest way is to just download the history data from MetaQuotes like I did.

Other than 'xp', would you be able to provide a bit more information about your system (sp version, ram, etc).  I have some very large data files that were used during the initial testing with no issues, but am happy to test on a different setup to try and track this issue down.

5 (edited by dabbler 2012-05-20 16:46:16)

ab wrote:

Other than 'xp', would you be able to provide a bit more information about your system (sp version, ram, etc).  I have some very large data files that were used during the initial testing with no issues, but am happy to test on a different setup to try and track this issue down.

Sure, as much as you need or want.

http://s11.postimage.org/wt0ikkzlb/system.jpg

In what altered universe is that image not re-sized? sad
The post image function is giving me grief but the file attachment seems better smile

I wonder if the problem is a hole or holes in the data set (non-contiguous bars)?

Post's attachments

system.jpg
system.jpg 46.27 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

6 (edited by dabbler 2012-05-20 18:22:54)

Now that my Data Horizon is set to 1,000,000 bars the import errors that I was getting have gone, even though the M1 histories are more than 1,000,000 bars in several cases eg

Import USDJPY1 ...  (1424198 bars) *
Import USDJPY5 ...  (347889 bars) *
Import USDJPY15 ...  (116108 bars) *
Import USDJPY30 ...  (58067 bars) *
Import USDJPY60 ...  (29039 bars) *
Import USDJPY240 ...  (7768 bars) *
Import USDJPY1440 ...  (1298 bars) *
Import USDJPY10080 ...  (249 bars) *
Import USDJPY43200 ...  (43 bars) *

But there are other (untidy) errors so that even the format ("\n") is wrong eg

Import DEM301 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\DEM301.hst'.)Import DEM3060 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\DEM3060.hst'.)Import EURAUD1 ...  (1598112 bars) *

and

Import SSEUK1 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\SSEUK1.hst'.)Import SSEUK5 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\SSEUK5.hst'.)Import SSEUK15 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\SSEUK15.hst'.)Import SSEUK30 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\SSEUK30.hst'.)Import SSEUK60 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\SSEUK60.hst'.)Import T60 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\T60.hst'.)Import UK1001440 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\UK1001440.hst'.)Import UK10060 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\UK10060.hst'.)Import US5005 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\US5005.hst'.)Import US50060 ... Error (Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\history\AlpariUK-Classic-1\US50060.hst'.)Import USDCAD1 ...  (1050104 bars) *

The bar count is the number of bars in the source data (not the number imported).  The Data Horizon was added after the initial code was built and the counter function was not changed (and I don't believe there would be a plan to do this).

I've got a couple of minor bug fixes I am working on at the moment and will add this to my next submission to popov.

I've submitted a request to popov with a code fix for the display issue when errors are displayed, but have been unable to reproduce the 'Out of Memory Error' even with a 1min data file containing 4M+ records.

Regarding the 'Could not find file xxx' errors, was MT4 running at the time of the import?  I am not sure how the files are found during the directory scan but not available during the import.

9 (edited by dr.B 2012-05-29 06:15:37)

hi Dabbler
welcome to this forum smile
I have seen you around on the MT4 forum and you seem to be a very smart and helpful person smile
I am glad to see you here.  the FSB and FST are great programs and the great group of people here, are always willing to help when they can smile