Topic: Multiple Moving Averages

Would it be possible to create a moving average crossover indicator with an additional moving average..... ie. three moving averages.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Multiple Moving Averages

Would it be possible to create a moving average crossover indicator with an additional moving average..... ie. three moving averages.

What will be the purpose of the third MA?

The third Ma is to determine trend, ie a much longer ma than the first two.

My thinking is that the generator can locate a great combination if the three are in the same indicator...... however, I am no expert as to the operation of the generator so my idea may not be that good, and the generator may do this quite well already.

Blaiserboy wrote:

The third Ma is to determine trend, ie a much longer ma than the first two.

My thinking is that the generator can locate a great combination if the three are in the same indicator...... however, I am no expert as to the operation of the generator so my idea may not be that good, and the generator may do this quite well already.

i think what you u want to do  can already be done. to use 3 or more MA's,  just put an extra MA in a separate slot of the opening logic filter. then set it's logic to allow open long if the price is above it  or short if it's above it ( the opposite setup will be true automatically).  than in the second open filter set up your two MA's crossing.  make sure they are all in the same logical  Group.  i hope this helps smile

I would like to have the generator seek the optimum lengths of the moving averages..... If I have the two indicators that you mention.... will the generator process the ma's together.....

My thinking is...... if I lock the indicators to keep them there.... the generator will not change the initial values....

Thanks

I found what I think may be an answer....... use the chain on the logical group..... ( I am getting a good result now.!)

Great.!   Thanks for your help.!!

I am attaching a preliminary result......  You can know I really appreciate your suggestion.!

Blaiserboy, that equity curve looks damn fine. Any chance of sending me the strategy?

Post's attachments

GBPJPY_60_minute_percent.xml 6.8 kb, 24 downloads since 2012-04-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I cant at the minute as the thing is running

GBPJPY 60 minutes

I just set up to opening logic conditions as Dr B suggested and in the generator 'Locked' and 'chained' them and let the thing run..... at about 2000 iterations it was there....

Strategy properties  4% of account balance, that's why the nice curve...... but it is not so nice at the start.... (win/loss is 1.00)

How I got started into this was because I use a Metatrader Ea  'UniversalMAcross' and I was thinking that FSB could come up with better parameters....

My experience has been that FSB can outdo Metatrader EA's because there are so many options, so I like to take ideas from an EA and try to improve on them with FSB.

If you want the thing in a couple days I will send it to you, but I think you will have as good if not far better within an hour.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I cant at the minute as the thing is running

GBPJPY 60 minutes

I just set up to opening logic conditions as Dr B suggested and in the generator 'Locked' and 'chained' them and let the thing run..... at about 2000 iterations it was there....

Strategy properties  4% of account balance, that's why the nice curve...... but it is not so nice at the start.... (win/loss is 1.00)

How I got started into this was because I use a Metatrader Ea  'UniversalMAcross' and I was thinking that FSB could come up with better parameters....

My experience has been that FSB can outdo Metatrader EA's because there are so many options, so I like to take ideas from an EA and try to improve on them with FSB.

If you want the thing in a couple days I will send it to you, but I think you will have as good if not far better within an hour.

Are you doing stop-and-reverse?

EDIT
This topic was split from FST Wish List topic by request of Blaserboy.
It seams that the screenshot of Blaserboy strategy was lost during the process.
Blaserboy, can you attach your image again to it's initial post?

This message will be deleted later.