Topic: Tick Data Question

Hello everyone,

Question about tick data:

If I'm using tick data from one broker, but 1 minute (or 5 min. etc.) data from another broker, how will FSB treat any deviations in the tick data from the OHLC of the 1 minute data?

For example, tick data has ticks with values above the high or below the low of corresponding bar in 1 minute data.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Re: Tick Data Question

FSB uses Tick data to interpolate 1 min bar correctly. It must not be a problem. It's important both ticks and 1min data to be updated. Does Scanner works properly?

3 (edited by Sam M. 2012-04-06 19:40:01)

Hello and thanks for the quick reply,

I haven't actually used/tested the 1 minute data or imported the ticks into FSB at this point. (scanner seems to work well with other data)

My plan is to use JForex 1 minute data, and tick data from one of my brokers. This is because my broker only offers a very limited period of 1M data, but tick data going back many years.

So by using my brokers tick data on the JForex 1M, ideally I would see accurate results from my broker without having the actual 1M data.

That's why I'm wondering how FSB treats overruns/differences between 1M and ticks. Would it be possible to use the two together in this way? It sounds like it may not work well if I understand correctly.

That's why I'm wondering how FSB treats overruns/differences between 1M and ticks. Would it be possible to use the two together in this way? It sounds like it may not work well if I understand correctly.

I think FSB will work, but you have to test it. As I remember, there is code that adjusts intrabar data with main data.