1 (edited by Popov 2012-04-04 21:42:08)

Topic: Sunday Skype Conferences

Dear users,
We are starting regular Sunday Skype conferences.

Updated: Next one will be on Sunday, April 8 at 10:00 UTC
Intended duration of the chat is 1 hour.

Please join us at skype name Popov.FSB.

Each conference log will be uploaded at the forum for further comments.

The purpose of the conferences will be discussing the current issues in the software, emphasizing of the most important TODO tasks, and answering of general questions about the project.

Re: Sunday Skype Conferences

Can we have a structured agenda for tonight?

SpiderMan wrote:

Can we have a structured agenda for tonight?

Here is the chat log: Skype Conference 2012-03-25 Chat Log

I'll participate in a karate tournament next weekend. Usually these continue to the late evening so I'll post update for time of next conference.

Topics for Sunday, April 1st Skype chat at 10:00 UTC.

- Final fixes and issues to be fixed in upcoming FSB final version;
- What to be fixed in FST beta targeted to the next weekend.
        - Updated Previous High Low indicator
        - Enter Once to be duplicated in the expert (need discussion)
        - Limiting entries of a bar to one long entry and one short entry (need discussion)
- Fighting forums spam
- Reorganizing forum's forums categories and forums
- Ideas for FSB /FST Quick starting guides.

Popov wrote:

Topics for Sunday, April 1st Skype chat at 10:00 UTC.

- Final fixes and issues to be fixed in upcoming FSB final version;
- What to be fixed in FST beta targeted to the next weekend.
        - Updated Previous High Low indicator
        - Enter Once to be duplicated in the expert (need discussion)
        - Limiting entries of a bar to one long entry and one short entry (need discussion)
- Fighting forums spam
- Reorganizing forum's forums categories and forums
- Ideas for FSB /FST Quick starting guides.

I won't attend, but I want to bring up a couple of issues I've experienced:
*FST gets the chart wrong - some bars are distorted, they are not similar to the bars in MT. Open, high, low prices are correct, but close=open, this means the body is missing;
*Indicators like these - http://forexsb.com/forum/post/11880/#p11880 - miss trades;
*When the forum reorganization takes place, it would be good that the posts would not be deleted, there are a few really useful posts in the sea of spam.

Thanks!

When the forum reorganization takes place, it would be good that the posts would not be deleted, there are a few really useful posts in the sea of spam.

I think to rename some forums and eventually move them in FSB / FST category. We'll delete only clear spam topics as SPAM brokers, which can be found in a dozen of forex forums mot à mot.

*FST gets the chart wrong - some bars are distorted, they are not similar to the bars in MT. Open, high, low prices are correct, but close=open, this means the body is missing;

Footon, do you mean that FST chart has bars with missing bodies?

*Indicators like these - http://forexsb.com/forum/post/11880/#p11880 - miss trades;

Footon, thank you for reporting this issue. I'll check it when market opens next week.

What I really wish for are 'Winner' and 'Add' Strategy  commands that require finite time and/or price movement between additional entries.  And I suspect the multiple-unwanted additional entries with virtually identical price/time values, at least at the new 'No-Dealing-Desk' MT4 platforms, may occur because the platform/bridge response to FST commands is much faster, rather than slower, than before. Especially with the new [in the US] FXCM and Alpari [and FXDD?] Dukascopy no-spread commison only hybrids, with which I have no experience.   In a 'breakout' situation, especially on 1hr, 4h, 1d charts, a trader wants multlple Winner and Add additional entries per bar, but each additional entry should only be triggered if there has been a significant price move, say 20 pips. if that is somehow possible to arrange. If possible, it would be even better to make the significant price  move a variable, say from 5-100 pips, for different time frames.  Don't know enough about EA programming to know what even a simple default 20 pip movement requirement means to the programmer, but IF it is not possible to reset the S/L at the entry price +/- half the BE setting, once the BE setting has been triggered, then I can readily understand how it might not be possible to modify the "Winner" condition so as to allow additional entries only when there are breakout price moves within a bar.

Popov wrote:

Footon, do you mean that FST chart has bars with missing bodies?

Yes, I do.

Footon, Is it happen night time on slow brokers when there is no ticks for long time?

Jgp, these are two different things: - fixing issue with multiple unwonted entries; - adding possibilities for multiple entries on certain conditions.
Lets first fix the issue and after that think for the other.

If you, Master Popov, say they are different issues I believe you, because I don't have a clue what's involved in modifying the FST program/EA, but to me, if the Price Move indicator were somehow to be integrated with the 'Winner' so that there had to be a finite price move before an additional 'Winner' entry was entered into, the whole mulltiple unwanted entry problem would be solved. It's not the multiple entries that are unwanted, it's  all those entries occuring at virtually identical time/price values that's unwanted.

I am sorry buy I cannot attend the conference tonight.

Popov wrote:

Footon, Is it happen night time on slow brokers when there is no ticks for long time?

Most of the time yes, but during high activity periods I've seen distortion too.

Next Skype conference will be on Sunday, April 8 at 10:00 UTC

Topics:
  - Feedback about the new versions of FSB and FST,
  - Discussing current ToDo list,
  - Emphasizing on FST trading issues.